MD Anderson Events
2014 R.E. "Bob" Smith Distinguished Lecture
"The von Hippel-Lindau Tumor Suppressor Protein: Insights into Oxygen Sensing and Cancer Metabolism".
Date: 5/13/14, 4pm to 5pm
Time: 5/13/14, 4pm to 5pm
Location: Hickey Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 11 (R11.1400)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Facilitator: Raghu Kalluri, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman of Cancer Biology, Director of Metasis Research Center
Speaker: William Kaelin
Speaker Bio: William Kaelin obtained his undergraduate and MD degrees from Duke University. Currently a Professor in the Department of Medicine at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, he also serves as Associate Director, Basic Science, for the Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center and Chair of the Executive Committee for Research for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Dr. Kaelin is a member of the American Society of Clinical Investigation, American College of Physicians, Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute. He is a recipient of the Paul Marks Prize, Richard & Hinda Rosenthal Prize, Doris Duke Distinguished Clinical Scientist Award, Canada International Gairdner Award, Stanley J. Korsmeyer Award, and Scientific Grand Prix of the Foundation Lefoulon-Delalande and the Institute of France. His research seeks to understand how, mechanistically, mutations affecting tumor-suppressor genes cause cancer.
Sponsor: Isaiah J. Fidler, D.V.M., Ph.D. R.E. "Bob" Smith Distinguished Chair in Cell Biology, Professor, Department of Cancer Biology
Contact: Tom Chumbley - (713) 563-9637 - firstname.lastname@example.org
William Kaelin Short Bio w-Pic2014.doc (DOC, 555 KB)
- Russian Blue Diamond Jewelry Show
- $6.00 Jewelry Sale
- Bootcamp of the MInd, Body & Spirit: Stress Management 101 - Tips for Tough Times
- 2016 Outstanding Research Publication Awards Presentation
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- ERO Special Seminar - Chao Lu, Faculty candidate
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk - Sara Courtneidge, Ph.D.
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology - Sara Courtneidge, Ph.D.
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer Distinguished Lecture Series
- Advances in Oncology: Institutional Grand Rounds