MD Anderson Events
Prostate Health Conference 2011
Protect Your Prostate: Get the Facts
Saturday, Sept. 10
MD Anderson Cancer Center
South Campus Research Building
7435 Fannin Street at Old Spanish Trail
**Please note the new location for this year's conference.
8:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 – 11:00 a.m. Program and Q & A (opening remarks begin at 8:55)
- What current prostate screening guidelines mean for you
- How online educational tools can help you prepare for prostate cancer screening.
- Current prostate cancer treatment options
Submit your prostate health questions when you register. Our experts will try to answer them during the program.
Get insight from MD Anderson experts, including:
- John W. Davis, M.D., assistant professor in the Department of Urology
- Therese Bevers, M.D., medical director of MD Anderson’s Cancer Prevention Center
- Robert J. Volk, Ph.D., professor in the Department of General Internal Medicine
- Surena Matin, M.D., associate professor in the Department of Urology
- Jeri Kim, M.D., associate professor in the Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology
- Quynh-Nhu Nguyen, M.D., assistant professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology
- Advance registration is required. Seating is limited.
- Registration deadline: Sept. 8, 2011
- Register by phone: 713-792-8924
- Register by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking: Free self-parking available.
- Parking directions: From Old Spanish Trail, turn at the event parking sign between Fannin and Bertner. Go straight, and the parking garage will be on your left. The event will be held in the South Campus Research Building on your right.
Note: Prostate exams will NOT be conducted at this conference.
View videos from the 2010 and 2009 events:
- Prostate Health Through Diet and Exercise
- Selenium, Finasteride and Other Prostate Health Supplements
- Testosterone Supplements and Prostate Cancer
- American Cancer Society Guidelines on Testing for Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer: Should I Get Treated?
- Prostate Test: Who, When and Why
- Tracking Your PSA Results
- PSA Tests: How to Interpret Them
- Prostate Health Conference 2009
Date: 9/10/11, 8am to 11am
Time: 9/10/11, 8am to 11am
Location: South Campus Research Building, 7435 Fannin Street at Old Spanish Trail, Houston, TX 77054
Directions: From Old Spanish Trail, turn at the event parking sign between Fannin and Bertner. Go straight, and the parking garage will be on your left. The event will be held in the building on your right.
Format: Community Event
Contact: Genitourinary Cancer Center - (713) 792-8924 - email@example.com
ProstateConference_2011_Flier-FINAL.pdf (PDF, 180 KB)
- Run for Wellness
- Art and Body Image Children Class
- Art and Body Image Teen Class
- Early Age Onset Colorectal Cancer Education Symposium
- 2016 AIM for the CURE Melanoma Walk and Fun Run
- World Sepsis Awareness Day - Public Awareness Event
- Love Your Body Day 2016
- Love Your Body Day 2016 Patient Health Fair and Fashion Show
- Boot Walk to End Cancer ™