MD Anderson Events
ACE Lecture Series: Talking with Patients about Phase I Trials
The Department of Faculty & Academic Development
I*CARE Interpersonal Communication and Relationship Enhancement Presents - Achieving Communication Excellence (ACE) Lecture Series: "Talking with Patients about Phase I Trials"
• Discuss some of the key obstacles to helping patients make informed decisions in keeping with their values
• Identify the 7 steps of the BEST MED approach to talking about Phase I trials
• Recognize how the BEST MED approach encourages enrollment in trials and helps ensure patients make informed decision in keeping with their values
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center also requires that all faculty disclose any unlabeled use or investigational use (not yet approved for any purpose) of pharmaceutical and medical device products. Specific disclosure will be made to the participants prior to the educational activity.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Nursing contact hours will be provided.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Social Work CEU
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Department of Social Work is an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider # 4607. This program is approved for .1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Risk Management Education RME
All physicians and dentists (faculty, fellows, and residents) covered by the UT System Professional Medical Liability Benefit plan are required to complete five (5) hours of Risk Management Education (RME) each year as a condition of coverage. The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Qualifies this live activity for 1 hour of Risk Management Education Credit.
Dietitians may e-mail email@example.com for a certificate of attendance.
Date: 5/6/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 5/6/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Hickey Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 11 (R11.1400)
CME: 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Speaker: Wendy Harpham
Contact: Jason Martinez - (713) 563-1484 - firstname.lastname@example.org
ACE Lecture Harpham May 6 2014.pdf (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Reuse, Repurpose and Recycle: Using What You Have
- Distinguished Lecture in Cancer Biology
- Center for Cancer Epigenetics Distinguished Lecture
- Organize Your Home and Your Life
- Digital Tools and Apps to Manage Your Work
- Center for Translational and Public Health Genomics Distinguished Lecture Series
- Division of Diagnostic Imaging Research Seminar Series
- 101 Organizing and Productivity Tips
- Integrative Medicine Program Lecture Series
- Hoarding and Clutter: Digging Out
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Partners & Affiliates
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies