MD Anderson Events
BTC Distinguished Lecture Series
Title of Lecture: A multidisciplinary research on cancer and its metabolic risk factor: from computational characterization, functional discovery to clinical diagnostics development.
Date: 4/10/14, 11am to 12pm
Time: 4/10/14, 11am to 12pm
Location: BSRB S5.8004 A & B
Format: All Employee Meeting
Facilitator: W. K. Alfred Yung, M.D.
Speaker: Ben Yung, PhD
Speaker Bio: Professor Yung obtained his Ph.D. in Pharmacology from Baylor College of Medicine. He had his postdoctoral training in the lab of the Nobel Laureate Arthur Kornberg at Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University. He is currently a chair-professor of Biomedical Sciences and Head of the Department of Health Technology and Informatics of PolyU. For the past 28 years, he has systematically explored the biological role of NPM in cancer. The identification of NPM’s role in transcriptional regulation charts new courses for understanding of gene regulation and tumorigenesis. Prof. Yung has published over 80 scientific papers that cover a broad range of scientific disciplines and techniques, including cancer biology, nucleolus research, regulation of cell growth, molecular genetics analysis and development of novel molecular diagnostic and targets. His achievements and recognitions are reflected in many prestigious awards, including Outstanding Researcher Award, Outstanding Cancer Research Award and Ministry of Education Outstanding Teacher Award.
Contact: Wendy Williams - (713) 834-6218 - email@example.com
BTC Distinguished Lecture Series Ben Yung 041014.pdf (PDF, 688 KB)
- Kendra Scott Pop Up Shop
- Entertainment: MD Anderson Employee Choir
- Bootcamp of the Mind, Body & Spirit: Food as Medicine: Preventing and Treating Disease with Diet
- Entertainment: Kingwood High School Choir
- Entertainment: Texas A&M Singing Cadets and Women's Chorus
- Literature Reviews: Searching for Evidence
- Entertainment: Celbration Ringers Handbell Choir
- Entertainment: Revels-Houston
- Entertainment: Pasadena Memorial High School
- Entertainment: Arch-Diocesan Choir