MD Anderson Events
BTC Distinguished Lecture Series
Title of Lecture: A multidisciplinary research on cancer and its metabolic risk factor: from computational characterization, functional discovery to clinical diagnostics development.
Date: 4/10/14, 11am to 12pm
Time: 4/10/14, 11am to 12pm
Location: BSRB S5.8004 A & B
Format: All Employee Meeting
Facilitator: W. K. Alfred Yung, M.D.
Speaker: Ben Yung, PhD
Speaker Bio: Professor Yung obtained his Ph.D. in Pharmacology from Baylor College of Medicine. He had his postdoctoral training in the lab of the Nobel Laureate Arthur Kornberg at Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University. He is currently a chair-professor of Biomedical Sciences and Head of the Department of Health Technology and Informatics of PolyU. For the past 28 years, he has systematically explored the biological role of NPM in cancer. The identification of NPM’s role in transcriptional regulation charts new courses for understanding of gene regulation and tumorigenesis. Prof. Yung has published over 80 scientific papers that cover a broad range of scientific disciplines and techniques, including cancer biology, nucleolus research, regulation of cell growth, molecular genetics analysis and development of novel molecular diagnostic and targets. His achievements and recognitions are reflected in many prestigious awards, including Outstanding Researcher Award, Outstanding Cancer Research Award and Ministry of Education Outstanding Teacher Award.
Contact: Wendy Williams - (713) 834-6218 - email@example.com
BTC Distinguished Lecture Series Ben Yung 041014.pdf (PDF, 688 KB)
- "Picture your Retirement" at the One-Stop-Shop Retirement Planning Event @ Main Hospital
- ERO Seminar Series - Wenyi Wei
- Sprint for Life 2016
- Halo House Foundation 5K and 1K runs for Adults & Children
- Health Disparities Research Faculty Candidate Seminar: Culture, Health Disparities, and Psychosocial Interventions: A focus on Asian American Cancer Survivors by Dr. Qian Lu
- Clinical Research-OneConnect Town Hall
- Achieving Communication Excellence (ACE) Lecture Series
- When Can I Retire from TRS? Details about Your TRS Retirement at 1MC!
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- Medical World Americas