MD Anderson Events
Bioinformatics of Genes, Proteins and Metabolites Workshop
Proper bioinformatics analysis of both research and clinical data plays an essential role in the medical field, and independent bioinformatics analysis serves to protect both investigators and future patients. Bioinformatics techniques are applicable to many of the studies being conducted on the UTHealth campus including studies investigating genetics, metabonomics, proteomics, kinomics and many other methods. The UTHealth Bioinformatics Service Center was created to assist the UTHealth community with the analysis of such research results, and this collaborative workshop will focus on some the techniques currently being used to analyze ongoing health research on the UTHealth campus.
8:45 am – 8:55 am
8:55 am – 9:25 am Jiaqian Wu, Ph.D.
Department of Neurosurgery
"Investigating gene transcription and regulation using next generation sequencing"
9:25 am – 9:35 am
9:35 am – 10:05 am Wenjin Zheng, Ph.D.
UTHealth School of Bioinformatics
"Discover novel pathway players from Ontology Fingerprint derived gene networks"
10:05 am – 10:15 am
10:15 am – 10:25 am
10:25 am – 10:55 am Yin Liu, Ph.D.
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy
"Identifying genes strongly associated with poor breast cancer prognosis via a network-based approach"
10:55 am – 11:05 am
11:05 am – 11:35 am David Volk, Ph.D.
Institute of Molecular Medicine, Proteomics and Systems Biology
"NMR-based Metabonomics Studies"
11:35 am – 11:45 am
Discussion and Conclusion
Date: 2/13/14, 8:45am to 11:45am
Time: 2/13/14, 8:45am to 11:45am
Location: Medical School Building, MSB 2.103
Contact: Kimberly Campbell - (713) 500-5605 - email@example.com
- Clinical Research-OneConnect Roundtable Discussion
- EndNote Advanced
- The Interdisciplinary Translational Education and Research Training Program (ITERT) for the Department of Translational Molecular Pathology
- Let's chat about lab values: myCancerConnection PIKNIC:
- Feel Better and Live well with Yoga, Laughter and Meditation - myCancerConnection PIKNIC
- Medical news what you need to know - myCancerConnection PIKNIC
- Education Week 2016 How to Build an Online Module Workshop
- Literature Reviews: Searching for Evidence
- WEBINAR: Open Access Journals & Choosing a Journal for Publication
- Systematic Reviews: Planning the Literature Search