MD Anderson Events
CANCELLED - Pediatrics Research Seminar Series: Reading the Histone Code-Roles of Epigenetic Readers in Chromatin Regulation and Nuclear Signaling
The Department of Pediatrics Research invites investigators with expertise in the field of pediatric tumors or relevant areas of research to present the recent findings to faculty, students and post-doctoral fellows.
Date: 12/18/12, 9am to 10am
Time: 12/18/12, 9am to 10am
Location: Smith Research Building, Conference SRB1.122
Facilitator: Vidya Gopalakrishnan, PhD
Speaker: Xiaobing Shi, PhD
Speaker Bio: Dr. Shi is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at MD Anderson. His research is focused on epigenetic regulation of gene expression during development and in pathogenesis of human diseases such as cancer. He has preciously identified PHD finger as a novel reader module for histone lysine methylation, and he has developed a histone peptide array for high throughput identification of novel readers for histone modifications. His long-term research goal is to understand the molecular mechanisms by which histone lysine methylation by different readers to modulate chromatin and transcription.
Contact: Hector Jimenez - (713) 563-5394 - email@example.com
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "New Approaches and Advances in GBM Cancer Stem Cell Translational Biology"
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar "From cancer vulnerabilities to cancer therapeutics"
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Conflict of Interest and Commitment
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- S2M Science to Medicine “Decoding of Network Attacking Mutations Rewiring Cancer”
- Fast Track Orientation
- BTC Distinguished Lecture Series
- Cancer Prevention Summer Trainee Exposition
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Data Acquisition, Management, Sharing and Ownership
- MD Anderson Summer Experience Final Event