MD Anderson Events
CANCELLED - Pediatrics Research Seminar Series: Reading the Histone Code-Roles of Epigenetic Readers in Chromatin Regulation and Nuclear Signaling
The Department of Pediatrics Research invites investigators with expertise in the field of pediatric tumors or relevant areas of research to present the recent findings to faculty, students and post-doctoral fellows.
Date: 12/18/12, 9am to 10am
Time: 12/18/12, 9am to 10am
Location: Smith Research Building, Conference SRB1.122
Facilitator: Vidya Gopalakrishnan, PhD
Speaker: Xiaobing Shi, PhD
Speaker Bio: Dr. Shi is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at MD Anderson. His research is focused on epigenetic regulation of gene expression during development and in pathogenesis of human diseases such as cancer. He has preciously identified PHD finger as a novel reader module for histone lysine methylation, and he has developed a histone peptide array for high throughput identification of novel readers for histone modifications. His long-term research goal is to understand the molecular mechanisms by which histone lysine methylation by different readers to modulate chromatin and transcription.
Contact: Hector Jimenez - (713) 563-5394 - email@example.com
- MD Anderson Sawyer Biliary Pancreatic Symposium
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Felix Nwajei, Ph.D.
- Therapy Guided by p53 Dynamics in Single Cells
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Pratip Bhattacharya, Ph.D.
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series ": In vivo discovery of targets for cancer immunotherapy"
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Peer Review
- MD Anderson Anesthesiology & Neuroscience December Seminar Series
- Sarcoma Patient Educational Conference: Ask The Experts
- 2017 Oncologic Emergency Medicine Conference