MD Anderson Events
CRISPR Biology: Nature's Toolbox for Genome Engineering
2017 Benvenuto Memorial Lecture - Distinguished Lecture Series in Experimental Therapeutics
Date: 2/21/17, 9am to 10:30am
Time: 2/21/17, 9am to 10:30am
Location: 2SCR1 Rooms 1-6
Directions: South Campus Research Building 2, First Floor, Rooms 1-6
Speaker: Jennifer A. Doudna, Ph.D.
Speaker Bio: Dr. Jennifer Doudna is the Li Ka Shing Chancellor’s Chair in Biomedical and Health Sciences at UC Berkeley and an Investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Prof. Doudna’s research seeks to understand how RNA molecules control the expression of genetic information. Her research led to insights about CRISPR-Cas9-mediated bacterial immunity that enabled this system to be harnessed for efficient genome engineering in animals and plants, creating a transformative technology that is revolutionizing the fields of genetics, molecular biology and medicine. She is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the National Academy of Medicine and the National Academy of Inventors. She is a recipient of awards including the NAS Initiatives in Research Award, the NSF Waterman Award, the FNIH Lurie Prize, the Paul Janssen Award for Biomedical Research, the Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences, the Princess of Asturias Award (Spain), the Gruber Prize in Genetics, the Massry Prize, the Gairdner Award, the Nakasone Prize, the Warren Alpert Foundation Prize and the L’Oreal-UNESCO International Prize for Women in Science.
Contact: Roseann Martinez - 32718 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Pancreas Cancer Seminar Series
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Dihua Yu, M.D., Ph.D.
- Targeting metabolism through OxPhos inhibition in leukemia
- From Burnout to Brilliance: Physician Wellness Symposium
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "Epigenetic regulation by arginine methylation in muscle stem cells and in cancer"
- Lymphoma/Myeloma Update for Patients: What's New for 2017? In Houston
- AACR Annual Meeting 2017 - MD Anderson Alumni and Faculty Association Reception
- Targeted & Immunotherapy: The New Era in Cancer Management
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Sina Safayi, D.V.M., Ph.D.