MD Anderson Events
Celebrating Improvement at MD Anderson
Celebrate Quality Month by attending the 6th Annual Celebrating Improvement at MD Anderson at noon on Oct. 21 in Hickey Auditorium. Paul Miles, MD, FAAP, will be the keynote speaker for the event. Miles is vice president and director of quality improvement and assessment programs for the American Board of Pediatrics. The topic of his talk is Involving Physicians in Organizational Quality Improvement.
Light lunch will be availble for attendees.
Also part of the event in the Anderson Conference Center (R11.1100):
- 11 a.m. - noon Early Poster Viewing
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Poster and Dessert Reception
Date: 10/21/14, 12pm to 2:30pm
Time: 10/21/14, 12pm to 2:30pm
Location: Hickey Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 11 (R11.1400)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker Bio: PAUL V. MILES, MD Dr. Miles graduated from Stanford University, completed medical school at UCLA and pediatric training at Harbor/UCLA. He was in private pediatric practice from 1975 to 1999 in Twin Falls, Idaho and served as Director of Clinical Quality Improvement and Co-Director of the Center of Excellence in Rural Healthcare at Magic Valley Regional Medical Center. He held adjunct faculty positions at Case Western University School of Medicine and the University of Washington School of Medicine. From April 1999 to April 2002, Dr. Miles served as Chief Quality Officer and Executive Director of the Center for Clinical Improvement and Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. He was responsible for directing quality improvement efforts for the medical center. In May 2002, Dr. Miles joined the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, as Vice President, Director of Quality Improvement and Assessment Programs in Pediatric Practice. He serves on quality committees with the American Academy of Pediatrics and with the American Board of Medical Specialties where he serves on the Task Force for Maintenance of Certification. He is a former Chair of the Board of Directors of the American Board of Pediatrics.
Sponsor: Doris Quinn
Contact: Paul SoRelle - (713) 745-9008 - email@example.com
- The Daily Dozen Series: Foods to Eat Each Day - Fruits
- Employee Screening Night - Mammography
- Children's Art Project Pop-Up Shop
- When can I retire? Find out when TRS comes to campus.
- Practicing with Compassion Improves Outcomes for Providers and Patients: Mastering Resilience at Work
- Gina's Jewelry
- Organization for Women - Conversations that Matter
- “Do Everything for My Child” – The Nexus of Medical, Ethical and Legal Decision Making
- FREE Afternoon at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Life After: Parents of Children with Special Needs