MD Anderson Events
ERO Seminar Series
Dr. Ethan Dmitrovsky, M.D. Provost and Executive Vice President is giving a lecture "Using Retinoids as Tools to Discover Antineoplastic Pathways" at the Onstead Auditorium, S3.8012.
Date: 5/15/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 5/15/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Onstead Auditorium, Basic Science Research Building, Floor 3, near Elevator J, (S3.8012)
Speaker: Ethan Dmitrovsky
Speaker Bio: Dr. Ethan Dmitrovsky is Provost and Executive Vice President at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Dmitrovsky graduated from Harvard College and Cornell University Medical College. He completed an internal medicine residency at New York Hospital-Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and a fellowship at the National Cancer Institute. Dr. Dmitrovsky is a physician-scientist and practicing oncologist. He studies vitamin A derivatives (retinoids) in cancer therapy and prevention and conducts bench to bedside translational research. His team helped establish successful retinoid differentiation therapy for acute promyelocytic leukemia and developed the genetic test used to diagnose this leukemia and monitor treatment response. The team also investigates ways to combat lung cancer, the most common cause of cancer death for men and women.
Sponsor: Boyi Gan
Contact: Sergio Chavez - (713) 792-3794 - firstname.lastname@example.org
ERO Seminar Flier Dmitrovsky.ppt (PPT, 430 KB)
- Pancreas Cancer Seminar Series
- Together in Hope A Conference for Brain Tumor Patients and Their Families
- The Rolanette and Berdon Lawrence Bone Disease Program of Texas Annual Scientific Retreat
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Amy Heimberger, M.D.
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Frederick F. Lang, MD, FACS, FAANS
- GAP 2017 Conference - Houston
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Research Misconduct and Policies for Handling Misconduct
- 1st Oncological Critical Care Research Network International Conference