MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Are Scientists about to change their mind about diet again? A recent review argues that the associations between dietary fat and Heart Disease are not evidence-based.
Date: 4/11/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 4/11/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 2 (FCT3.4166)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Alexis Frazier-Wood
Speaker Bio: Alexis Frazier-Wood Ph.D., Assistant Professor, USDA/ARS Children’s Nutrition Research Center and Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Frazier-Wood's research interests center around gene-environment interplay in obesity, using both a quantitative and a molecular genetic approach. Dr. Frazier-Wood's studies include analyzing how genetic variation modifies the association of nutrient intake with health comes ("nutrigenomics") and how gene-environment-interplay shapes our ability to regulate our food intake.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - firstname.lastname@example.org
EB Jo Club 4.11.14 Flier.pdf (PDF, 192 KB)
- Annual Medical Staff Meeting
- ERO Seminar Series - Traver Hart
- Dr. Huda Y. Zoghbi - Rett Syndrome and MeCP2 disorders and the insight they provide into neuropsychiatric disorders
- Dr Cullen Taniguchi - Protecting the Gut to improve outcomes in pancreatic cancer
- Lavish Linens
- 5th Annual Metabolism in Cancer Symposium Featured Speaker - Matthew Vander Heiden, M.D., Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Meng Wang
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- Future of Cancer Science Symposium
- Lavish Linens