MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Are Scientists about to change their mind about diet again? A recent review argues that the associations between dietary fat and Heart Disease are not evidence-based.
Date: 4/11/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 4/11/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 2 (FCT3.4166)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Alexis Frazier-Wood
Speaker Bio: Alexis Frazier-Wood Ph.D., Assistant Professor, USDA/ARS Children’s Nutrition Research Center and Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Frazier-Wood's research interests center around gene-environment interplay in obesity, using both a quantitative and a molecular genetic approach. Dr. Frazier-Wood's studies include analyzing how genetic variation modifies the association of nutrient intake with health comes ("nutrigenomics") and how gene-environment-interplay shapes our ability to regulate our food intake.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - email@example.com
EB Jo Club 4.11.14 Flier.pdf (PDF, 192 KB)
- Biostatistics Grand Rounds
- ERO Special Seminar Series Event: Faculty Candidate Presentation
- Performance for Kids & Families: Houston Grand Opera's "The Puffed-Up Prima Donna"
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk & Social Time - Dr. Emile Freireich
- Clinical Research-OneConnectTown Hall
- Clinical Research-OneConnect Town Hall
- ERO Seminar Series - Max Diehn
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk & Social Time - Dr. Isaiah J. Fidler
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- 8th Annual Margaret L. Kripke Legend Award Lecture & 4th Annual President’s Award for Advancing Women Faculty Presentation