MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Are Scientists about to change their mind about diet again? A recent review argues that the associations between dietary fat and Heart Disease are not evidence-based.
Date: 4/11/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 4/11/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 2 (FCT3.4166)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Alexis Frazier-Wood
Speaker Bio: Alexis Frazier-Wood Ph.D., Assistant Professor, USDA/ARS Children’s Nutrition Research Center and Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Frazier-Wood's research interests center around gene-environment interplay in obesity, using both a quantitative and a molecular genetic approach. Dr. Frazier-Wood's studies include analyzing how genetic variation modifies the association of nutrient intake with health comes ("nutrigenomics") and how gene-environment-interplay shapes our ability to regulate our food intake.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - email@example.com
EB Jo Club 4.11.14 Flier.pdf (PDF, 192 KB)
- Power Bite Snack Demo
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology - Nahum Sonenberg, Ph.D., FRS
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk - Nahum Sonenberg, Ph.D., FRS
- The Daily Dozen Series: Foods to Eat Each Day - Fruits
- Employee Screening Night - Mammography
- Children's Art Project Pop-Up Shop
- When can I retire? Find out when TRS comes to campus.
- Practicing with Compassion Improves Outcomes for Providers and Patients: Mastering Resilience at Work
- Gina's Jewelry
- Organization for Women - Conversations that Matter