MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Built Environment & Fast Food Density
Date: 8/9/13, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 8/9/13, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Cancer Prevention Building, Floor 8, Rooms 1-4
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Reitzel & Dr. Strong
Speaker Bio: Dr. Reitzel, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Health Disparities Research. Dr. Reitzel’s research program focuses on increasing understanding of the influence of neighborhood context, socioeconomic status, and social status on cancer-related risk behaviors. She is also interested in the development and evaluation of theoretically-based interventions to address tobacco dependence among low socioeconomic status and other underserved groups. As well, Dr. Strong, Ph.D, MPH is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Health Disparities Research. Dr. Strong’s research focuses on understanding how social, cultural, and environmental influences affect engagement in cancer preventive behaviors such as physical activity, with the ultimate objective of translating research findings into intervention efforts to promote healthy lifestyles in underserved populations.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - email@example.com
EB Jo Club 8.9.13 Flier.pdf (PDF, 185 KB)
- MRI Educational Seminar
- MRI Educational Seminar - Go with the Flow-Perfusion and Diffusion in MRI Radiation Oncology
- Ash Wednesday Services
- ERO Seminar Series - Xiao-Fan Wang
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer (CIC) Distinguished Lecture Series
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology - Arlene Sharpe, M.D., Ph.D.
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk - Arlene Sharpe, M.D., Ph.D.
- Lavish Linens Sale
- Gina's Jewelry
- Children's Art Project Pop-Up Shop