MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Could Fasting while Receiving Chemotherapy be Beneficial?
Date: 7/18/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 7/18/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 1 (FCT3.4167)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Onstad & Dr. Stemler
Speaker Bio: Michaela Onstad MD, MPH, Fellow in Gynecologic Oncology. Michaela is a second year fellow in gynecologic oncology who is currently dedicating her time to research in the laboratory under the guidance of Karen Lu, MD. She has developed an interest in energy balance related to women’s cancers, and is primarily involved in research projects exploring the effects of exercise on gynecologic malignancies. Kristina Stemler PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow in Cancer Biology. Kristina is a first year postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory of Helen Piwnica-Worms PhD, where her focus is on dissecting how to protect the gastrointestinal tract during chemotherapy using dietary and pharmacological interventions in mouse models.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - email@example.com
EB Jo Club 7.18.14 Flier.pdf (PDF, 387 KB)
Raffaghello Differential Stress Resistance.pdf (PDF, 1.6 MB)
Safdie Case Series.pdf (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Organization for Women: Developing a Vision Board with Karen Mooney “Part 2: Awaken Your Possibilities: How to Invest in the Alignment of Your Life”
- WEBINAR: Embase - Reviewing the Literature Beyond Medline
- CSI Lecture: Regulation, Role and Therapeutic Targeting of AMPK in Prostate Cancer by Daniel E. Frigo, Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Traver Hart
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer (CIC) Distinguished Lecture Series
- Dr. Huda Y. Zoghbi - Rett Syndrome and MeCP2 disorders and the insight they provide into neuropsychiatric disorders
- Dr Cullen Taniguchi - Protecting the Gut to improve outcomes in pancreatic cancer
- Lavish Linens
- 5th Annual Metabolism in Cancer Symposium Featured Speaker - Matthew Vander Heiden, M.D., Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Meng Wang