MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Could Fasting while Receiving Chemotherapy be Beneficial?
Date: 7/18/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 7/18/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 1 (FCT3.4167)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Onstad & Dr. Stemler
Speaker Bio: Michaela Onstad MD, MPH, Fellow in Gynecologic Oncology. Michaela is a second year fellow in gynecologic oncology who is currently dedicating her time to research in the laboratory under the guidance of Karen Lu, MD. She has developed an interest in energy balance related to women’s cancers, and is primarily involved in research projects exploring the effects of exercise on gynecologic malignancies. Kristina Stemler PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow in Cancer Biology. Kristina is a first year postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory of Helen Piwnica-Worms PhD, where her focus is on dissecting how to protect the gastrointestinal tract during chemotherapy using dietary and pharmacological interventions in mouse models.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - email@example.com
EB Jo Club 7.18.14 Flier.pdf (PDF, 387 KB)
Raffaghello Differential Stress Resistance.pdf (PDF, 1.6 MB)
Safdie Case Series.pdf (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- ERO Seminar Series - Stephen Hahn
- Department of Cancer Biology Seminar Series - Dr. Craig Logsdon
- Friends of Integrative Medicine Public Talk: "Zen and Psychology: Skillful Allies in Supporting One's Health"
- Russian Blue Diamond Jewelry Show
- $6.00 Jewelry Sale
- 2016 Outstanding Research Publication Awards Presentation
- Bootcamp of the MInd, Body & Spirit: Stress Management 101 - Tips for Tough Times
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- ERO Special Seminar - Chao Lu, Faculty candidate
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology - Sara Courtneidge, Ph.D.