MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Could Fasting while Receiving Chemotherapy be Beneficial?
Date: 7/18/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 7/18/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 1 (FCT3.4167)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Onstad & Dr. Stemler
Speaker Bio: Michaela Onstad MD, MPH, Fellow in Gynecologic Oncology. Michaela is a second year fellow in gynecologic oncology who is currently dedicating her time to research in the laboratory under the guidance of Karen Lu, MD. She has developed an interest in energy balance related to women’s cancers, and is primarily involved in research projects exploring the effects of exercise on gynecologic malignancies. Kristina Stemler PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow in Cancer Biology. Kristina is a first year postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory of Helen Piwnica-Worms PhD, where her focus is on dissecting how to protect the gastrointestinal tract during chemotherapy using dietary and pharmacological interventions in mouse models.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - email@example.com
EB Jo Club 7.18.14 Flier.pdf (PDF, 387 KB)
Raffaghello Differential Stress Resistance.pdf (PDF, 1.6 MB)
Safdie Case Series.pdf (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Gina's Accessories
- Everything rises or falls with leadership
- Bootcamp of the Mind, Body and Spirit: The 7 Habits of Highly Healthy People
- "Picture your Retirement" at the One-Stop-Shop Retirement Planning Event @ Main Hospital
- ERO Seminar Series - Wenyi Wei
- Sprint for Life 2016
- Halo House Foundation 5K and 1K runs for Adults & Children
- Achieving Communication Excellence (ACE) Lecture Series
- Clinical Research-OneConnect Town Hall
- When Can I Retire from TRS? Details about Your TRS Retirement at 1MC!