MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Obesity and the Brain & Food Addictions - “Can you be Addicted to food?”
- Volkow ND et al. (2013). Obesity and addiction - neurobiological overlaps.
- Ziaddeen H. and Fletcher P.C. (2013). Is food addiction a valid and useful concept?
Date: 7/12/13, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 7/12/13, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 3 (FCT3.4143)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Susan Schembre, Ph.D
Speaker Bio: Dr. Schembre is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Behavioral Science. She is trained as a registered dietitian with a particular interest in the cognitive and psychological aspects of eating behavior as it relates to obesity. Her current research involves (1) exploring the neurobehavioral predictors of weight control using an addiction framework, (2) using real-time assessment of mood and appetitive states as they relate to maladaptive eating behaviors, and (3) developing strategies to increase self-control around food without “dieting”.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lavish Linens
- Children's Art Project Pop-Up Shop
- ERO Seminar Series - Xiang Zhang
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer Distinguished Lecture Series
- Texas Medical Board Legislative Updates by Mari Robinson
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology - Dr. Elaine Fuchs
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk - Dr. Elaine Fuchs
- Junior Faculty Reception
- ERO Seminar Series - Je-Hyun Yoon
- Celebrating Improvement at MD Anderson