MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Obesity and the Brain & Food Addictions - “Can you be Addicted to food?”
- Volkow ND et al. (2013). Obesity and addiction - neurobiological overlaps.
- Ziaddeen H. and Fletcher P.C. (2013). Is food addiction a valid and useful concept?
Date: 7/12/13, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 7/12/13, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 3 (FCT3.4143)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Susan Schembre, Ph.D
Speaker Bio: Dr. Schembre is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Behavioral Science. She is trained as a registered dietitian with a particular interest in the cognitive and psychological aspects of eating behavior as it relates to obesity. Her current research involves (1) exploring the neurobehavioral predictors of weight control using an addiction framework, (2) using real-time assessment of mood and appetitive states as they relate to maladaptive eating behaviors, and (3) developing strategies to increase self-control around food without “dieting”.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - email@example.com
- ERO Seminar Series - Traver Hart
- Dr. Huda Y. Zoghbi - Rett Syndrome and MeCP2 disorders and the insight they provide into neuropsychiatric disorders
- Dr Cullen Taniguchi - Protecting the Gut to improve outcomes in pancreatic cancer
- Lavish Linens
- 5th Annual Metabolism in Cancer Symposium Featured Speaker - Matthew Vander Heiden, M.D., Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Meng Wang
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- Future of Cancer Science Symposium
- Lavish Linens
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer Distinguished Lecture Series