MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Pancreatic Cancer Cachexia: A Model for Etiology & Therapy
The Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship’s monthly trans-disciplinary journal club aims to bring researchers from multiple disciplines together to examine different energy balance-related topics.
Date: 3/14/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 3/14/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 2 (FCT3.4166)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Fogelman & Dr. Deutz
Speaker Bio: Dr. David Fogelman is an Assistant Professor in Department of Gastrointestinal (GI) Medical Oncology, at the MD Anderson Cancer Center. His clinical expertise is the management of pancreatic and colorectal cancers. His research interests include evaluating new therapies for cancer and understanding the development of symptoms – particularly cachexia - in these tumors as they relate to both the underlying disease as well as effects of chemotherapy and treatment. Dr. Nicolaas Deutz is a Professor in Translational Research in Aging & Longevity of the Department of Health & Kinesiology, Texas A&M University. His research and interests are in clinical nutrition and metabolism research in animals and humans. He has published over 250 papers during his 25 years in this research field. His clinical interest is using nutritional supplements to treat malnutrition in older adults, and during acute and chronic disease states.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - firstname.lastname@example.org
EB Jo Club 3.14.14 Flier.pdf (PDF, 147 KB)
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology: Michael GImbrone, M.D.
- Entertainment Moores School of Music Strings
- Children's Art Project Pop-Up Shop
- Kendra Scott Holiday Pop Up shop
- Entertainment: Eisenhower Senior High School
- Kendra Scott Pop Up Shop
- Entertainment: MD Anderson Employee Choir
- Entertainment: Kingwood High School Choir
- Entertainment: Texas A&M Singing Cadets and Women's Chorus
- Literature Reviews: Searching for Evidence