MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Social support and physical activity: Do you think you’re better off alone?
Date: 5/9/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 5/9/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 3 (FCT3.4143)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Scherezade Mama
Speaker Bio: Scherezade Mama, DrPH, is a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Health Disparities Research at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Mama’s research interests are in understanding physical activity adoption in adults using both qualitative and quantitative methods. Dr. Mama’s research uses an ecologic approach to explore correlates of physical activity in women and ethnic minorities, with a focus on psychosocial factors related to physical activity adoption and maintenance in an effort to promote health and reduce health disparities.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - firstname.lastname@example.org
EB Jo Club 5.9.14 Flier.pdf (PDF, 365 KB)
McNeill, 2006 - Social environment and PA review.pdf (PDF, 215 KB)
Vrazel, 2008 - Framework of social-environmental influences on PA in women.pdf (PDF, 841 KB)
- MRI Educational Seminar
- MRI Educational Seminar - Go with the Flow-Perfusion and Diffusion in MRI Radiation Oncology
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- Ash Wednesday Services
- ERO Seminar Series - Xiao-Fan Wang
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer (CIC) Distinguished Lecture Series
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology - Arlene Sharpe, M.D., Ph.D.
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk - Arlene Sharpe, Ph.D.
- Lavish Linens Sale
- Gina's Jewelry