MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Social support and physical activity: Do you think you’re better off alone?
Date: 5/9/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 5/9/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 3 (FCT3.4143)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Scherezade Mama
Speaker Bio: Scherezade Mama, DrPH, is a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Health Disparities Research at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Mama’s research interests are in understanding physical activity adoption in adults using both qualitative and quantitative methods. Dr. Mama’s research uses an ecologic approach to explore correlates of physical activity in women and ethnic minorities, with a focus on psychosocial factors related to physical activity adoption and maintenance in an effort to promote health and reduce health disparities.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - firstname.lastname@example.org
EB Jo Club 5.9.14 Flier.pdf (PDF, 365 KB)
McNeill, 2006 - Social environment and PA review.pdf (PDF, 215 KB)
Vrazel, 2008 - Framework of social-environmental influences on PA in women.pdf (PDF, 841 KB)
- Biostatistics Grand Rounds
- ERO Special Seminar Series Event: Faculty Candidate Presentation
- Performance for Kids & Families: Houston Grand Opera's "The Puffed-Up Prima Donna"
- Clinical Research-OneConnectTown Hall
- Clinical Research-OneConnect Town Hall
- ERO Seminar Series - Max Diehn
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- 8th Annual Margaret L. Kripke Legend Award Lecture & 4th Annual President’s Award for Advancing Women Faculty Presentation
- Write Winning Grant Proposals
- Women Leading the Way; Lecture by Sally Kornbluth