MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Social support and physical activity: Do you think you’re better off alone?
Date: 5/9/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 5/9/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 3 (FCT3.4143)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Scherezade Mama
Speaker Bio: Scherezade Mama, DrPH, is a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Health Disparities Research at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Mama’s research interests are in understanding physical activity adoption in adults using both qualitative and quantitative methods. Dr. Mama’s research uses an ecologic approach to explore correlates of physical activity in women and ethnic minorities, with a focus on psychosocial factors related to physical activity adoption and maintenance in an effort to promote health and reduce health disparities.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - email@example.com
EB Jo Club 5.9.14 Flier.pdf (PDF, 365 KB)
McNeill, 2006 - Social environment and PA review.pdf (PDF, 215 KB)
Vrazel, 2008 - Framework of social-environmental influences on PA in women.pdf (PDF, 841 KB)
- Power Bite Snack Demo
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology - Nahum Sonenberg, Ph.D., FRS
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk - Nahum Sonenberg, Ph.D., FRS
- The Daily Dozen Series: Foods to Eat Each Day - Fruits
- Employee Screening Night - Mammography
- Children's Art Project Pop-Up Shop
- When can I retire? Find out when TRS comes to campus.
- Practicing with Compassion Improves Outcomes for Providers and Patients: Mastering Resilience at Work
- Gina's Jewelry
- Organization for Women - Conversations that Matter