MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Social support and physical activity: Do you think you’re better off alone?
Date: 5/9/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 5/9/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 3 (FCT3.4143)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Scherezade Mama
Speaker Bio: Scherezade Mama, DrPH, is a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Health Disparities Research at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Mama’s research interests are in understanding physical activity adoption in adults using both qualitative and quantitative methods. Dr. Mama’s research uses an ecologic approach to explore correlates of physical activity in women and ethnic minorities, with a focus on psychosocial factors related to physical activity adoption and maintenance in an effort to promote health and reduce health disparities.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - firstname.lastname@example.org
EB Jo Club 5.9.14 Flier.pdf (PDF, 365 KB)
McNeill, 2006 - Social environment and PA review.pdf (PDF, 215 KB)
Vrazel, 2008 - Framework of social-environmental influences on PA in women.pdf (PDF, 841 KB)
- Organization for Women: Developing a Vision Board with Karen Mooney “Part 2: Awaken Your Possibilities: How to Invest in the Alignment of Your Life”
- WEBINAR: Embase - Reviewing the Literature Beyond Medline
- CSI Lecture: Regulation, Role and Therapeutic Targeting of AMPK in Prostate Cancer by Daniel E. Frigo, Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Traver Hart
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer (CIC) Distinguished Lecture Series
- Dr. Huda Y. Zoghbi - Rett Syndrome and MeCP2 disorders and the insight they provide into neuropsychiatric disorders
- Dr Cullen Taniguchi - Protecting the Gut to improve outcomes in pancreatic cancer
- Lavish Linens
- 5th Annual Metabolism in Cancer Symposium Featured Speaker - Matthew Vander Heiden, M.D., Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Meng Wang