MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Stress, Obesity, and Inflammation: Pathways to Health Disparities
Date: 1/10/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 1/10/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 3 (FCT3.4143)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Christopher Fagundes
Speaker Bio: Dr. Christopher Fagundes is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Health Disparities Research at the University of Texas MD Anderson, is the director of the Biobehavioral Mechanisms Explaining Disparities (B-MED) lab. The B-MED Lab integrates theories and methods from psychology, psychoneuroimmunology, and autonomic psychophysiology to understand how the mind and body interact to affect those confronted with stressful life events, with a special emphasis on cancer. We are interested in why certain populations do not benefit from the same health status as others, and how past and current adversities contribute to one’s health status.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - firstname.lastname@example.org
EB Jo Club 1.10.14 Flier.pdf (PDF, 115 KB)
- Russian Blue Diamond Jewelry Show
- $6.00 Jewelry Sale
- Bootcamp of the MInd, Body & Spirit: Stress Management 101 - Tips for Tough Times
- 2016 Outstanding Research Publication Awards Presentation
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- ERO Special Seminar - Chao Lu, Faculty candidate
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk - Sara Courtneidge, Ph.D.
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology - Sara Courtneidge, Ph.D.
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer Distinguished Lecture Series
- Advances in Oncology: Institutional Grand Rounds