MD Anderson Events
Ethics Difficult Case Review: "The Difficult Discharge-When Can a Hospital Discharge a Patient Against Their Will?"
After attending this activity, the target audience of physicians in psychology, psychiatry, surgery, oncology and critical care, social workers, nurses and chaplains should be able to:
· Recognize bioethical issues in patient care, thinking critically about topics, and engage in discussions of the problem with their peers (knowledge, competence);
· Identify the situation's competing values and weigh the public good against the individual's rights (knowledge, competence);
· Propose ethically sound solutions by clearly/confidently articulating bioethical quandary & the factors balanced in that solution, allowing the parties the outcome most appropriate for the situation (knowledge, competence, performance, pt outcomes).
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit TM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This series has been designated by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM in medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center that the program chair(s), planning committee member, faculty/teacher/ author, or CME activity reviewer must disclose any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests whose products may be discussed in the activities, if any. MD Anderson also requires that faculty disclose any unlabeled use or investigational use (not yet approved for any purpose) of pharmaceutical and medical device products. Specific disclosure will be made to the participants prior to the educational activity.
Continuing Nursing Education will not be provided for this ethics presentation.
Continuing Social Work Education
The following presentation for .1 Social Work CEU has been approved.
Date: 11/11/13, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 11/11/13, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower FCT3.5001
CME: 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Facilitator: Jessica A. Moore, DHCE
Speaker: Josiah Halm, MD
Contact: Brittany Campbell - (713) 794-1495 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Difficult Case Announcement_Nov 2013.pdf (PDF, 470 KB)
Difficult Case Announcement_Bay Area_Nov 2013.pdf (PDF, 381 KB)
Difficult Case Announcement_Katy_Nov 2013.pdf (PDF, 381 KB)
Difficult Case Announcement_Sugarland_Nov 2013.pdf (PDF, 381 KB)
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology and Center for Biological Pathways Seminar Series
- Brain Tumor Center Distinguished Lecture Series
- ERO Seminar Series
- Pancreas Cancer Seminar Series
- Novel Effects of Simvastatin in Uterine Leiomyoma
- Responsible Conduct of Research Seminar Series
- Department of Translational Molecular Pathology Distinguished Speaker Seminar Series
- Symposium on Advances in Molecular Diagnostics
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "MAP3K11/GDF15 axis as a critical driver of cancer cachexia"
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - “Telomere Dysfunction in Chromosome Instability and Cancer”
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Strategic Industry Ventures
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies