MD Anderson Events
Ethics Seminar Series: "The Ethics of Genomics"
After attending this activity, the target audience of physicians in psychology, psychiatry, surgery, oncology and critical care, social workers, nurses and chaplains should be able to:
· Identify potential ethical dilemmas or possible difficult situations, and work to circumvent them by addressing those questions and needs earlier, using methods discussed in this forum (knowledge, competence, performance, patient outcomes);
· Recognize and promote diverse opportunities that encourage interdisciplinary thinking to create a highly collaborative atmosphere (knowledge, competence, performance, patient outcomes);
· Integrate an increased multidisciplinary approach to cancer care, resulting in practice improvement, increased patient and provider satisfaction (knowledge, competence, performance, patient outcomes).
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This series has been designated by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM in medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center that the program chair(s), planning committee member, faculty/teacher/ author, or CME activity reviewer must disclose any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests whose products may be discussed in the activities, if any. MD Anderson also requires that faculty disclose any unlabeled use or investigational use (not yet approved for any purpose) of pharmaceutical and medical device products. Specific disclosure will be made to the participants prior to the educational activity.
Continuing Nursing Education
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
1.0 Nursing Contact Hour has been approved.
Continuing Social Work Education
The following presentation for .1 Social Work ETHICS CEU has been approved.
Date: 6/9/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 6/9/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower FCT3.5001
CME: 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Facilitator: Jessica Moore
Speaker: Steven Kornblau, MD & Colleen Gallagher, PhD, LSW, FACHE
Contact: Brittany Campbell - (713) 794-1495 - email@example.com
Ethics Seminar Announcement Bay Area_June 2014.pdf (PDF, 381 KB)
Ethics Seminar Announcement Katy_June 2014.pdf (PDF, 381 KB)
Ethics Seminar Announcement Memorial City_June 2014.pdf (PDF, 381 KB)
Ethics Seminar Announcement Sugarland_June 2014.pdf (PDF, 380 KB)
Ethics Seminar Announcement Woodlands_June 2014.pdf (PDF, 381 KB)
Ethics Seminar Announcement_June 2014.pdf (PDF, 382 KB)
- Doxorubicin-induced Oxidative Carbonylation and Degradation of Cardiac Myosin Binding Protein C Promote Cardiotoxicity
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology and Center for Biological Pathways Seminar Series
- ERO Special Seminar Series Event: Faculty Candidate Presentation
- The All Houston International Emergency Medicine Conference 2015
- Magnetic 3D Bioprinting, 3D Culturing Technology for High-throughput Compound Screening
- Responsible Conduct of Research Seminar Series
- 2015 Education Week: Educational Scholarship Poster Session
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "MAP3K11/GDF15 axis as a critical driver of cancer cachexia"
- GAP 2015 Conference
- Department of Translational Molecular Pathology Distinguished Speaker Seminar Series
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Strategic Industry Ventures
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies