MD Anderson Events
Faculty Health: How to Preserve Your Well-being and What Your Institution Can Do to Help
A medical oncologist, Dr. Shanafelt has distinguished himself as a leading researcher on physician well-being and its impact on patient care. He will discuss personal and organizational factors that can be modified to promote the well-being of health professionals.
Date: 8/7/13, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 8/7/13, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Tower, 3rd Floor, Rooms 1,2,7,8
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Tait Shanafelt, M.D.
Speaker Bio: Dr. Tait Shanafelt is originally from Seattle, Washington and received his undergraduate degree from Washington State University. He received his medical degree from the University of Colorado where he received the Hippocrates Award as the “Physician’s physician”, the Golden Head Cane Award as the outstanding student in internal medicine, and the Robert E. Glazer Award for leadership and service. Tait is an international thought leader and researcher in the field of physician well-being and its implications for quality of care. He is the director of the Mayo Clinic Department of Medicine Program on Physician Well-being, a clinical laboratory evaluating personal and organizational factors that contribute to physician satisfaction. His research in this area has involved physicians at all stages of their career from medical school to practice had has include several multi-center and national studies. He has published widely on this topic including numerous works in the Annals of Internal Medicine, JCO, and JAMA. Tait’s studies in this area have also been cited in USA Today, Paul Harvey’s radio broad cast, and the New York Times.
Contact: Faculty Health - (713) 794-5292 - email@example.com
Tait_Shanafelt_Poster 2013.pdf (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Biostatistics Grand Rounds
- ERO Special Seminar Series Event: Faculty Candidate Presentation
- Performance for Kids & Families: Houston Grand Opera's "The Puffed-Up Prima Donna"
- Clinical Research-OneConnectTown Hall
- Clinical Research-OneConnect Town Hall
- ERO Seminar Series - Max Diehn
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- 8th Annual Margaret L. Kripke Legend Award Lecture & 4th Annual President’s Award for Advancing Women Faculty Presentation
- Write Winning Grant Proposals
- Women Leading the Way; Lecture by Sally Kornbluth