MD Anderson Events
Free Oral Cancer Screening Exams
MD Anderson will offer free oral cancer screening exams to the public on Friday, April 25. Doctors will do a clinical examination of the mouth to check for oral cancers.
These exams will be offered to the first 200 people. Appointments are not available and screening exams are offered first come, first served.
April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month, says the American Institute for Cancer Research. According to the American Cancer Society, more than 40,000 Americans are diagnosed with oral cancers each year, and more than 7,000 people die from these cancers.
Along with offering a wide range of screening and early detection services, MD Anderson’s Cancer Prevention Center offers personalized risk-reduction strategies and prevention programs.
Date: 4/25/14, 10am to 3pm
Time: 4/25/14, 10am to 3pm
Location: Duncan Building, Floor 2, Cancer Prevention Center, 1155 Pressler Street
Directions: Parking From Holcombe Boulevard, turn south on Bertner Entrance 5 and enter the parking garage on your right. Take the parking ga¬rage elevator to the 2nd floor and follow the signs to the Cancer Prevention Center. Parking rates vary depending on length of stay ($10 maximum). Payment can be made by cash or credit card.
Format: Community Event
Contact: Norma Benavides - (713) 563-7666 - email@example.com
OralCancerScreeningFlier_2014.pdf (PDF, 93 KB)
- "Care 4 the Caregiver" Support Group
- PIKNIC: Understanding and maximizing cognitive function as a cancer survivor
- MD Anderson @ The Shell Houston Open
- Well Wives Support Group
- FOOTLOOSE - myCancerConnection Day Away Program
- Relay for LIfe Katy/ West Houston
- Relay for Life Greater Fort Bend
- 15th Annual Run for the Rose
- PIKNIC - Overcoming fatigue during your cancer journey
- PIKNIC - Finding the inner link to healing