MD Anderson Events
Global Oncology Lecture: “Bringing Cancer Care to Resource Constrained Countries: The Rwanda Experience"
Global Academic Programs welcomes Dr. Lawrence Shulman to share his experience in developing cancer care delivery in resource challenged settings. As Director for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute Center for Global Cancer Medicine, and in collaboration with Partners In Health, where he is Senior Oncology Advisor, Dr. Shulman is helping to lead the development of structured cancer programs in Rwanda, Haiti and Malawi.
Date: 6/5/14, 12pm to 1:30pm
Time: 6/5/14, 12pm to 1:30pm
Location: Hickey Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 11 (R11.1400)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Facilitator: Oliver Bogler
Speaker: Dr. Lawrence Shulman
Speaker Bio: Lawrence N. Shulman, M.D., is Chief of Staff, Senior Vice-President for Medical Affairs, and Chief, Division of General Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA. He is also Director of their Center for Global Cancer Medicine, and Director of the Department of Regional Strategy and Development. Dr. Shulman serves as one of the leaders of the DFCI strategic planning initiative. As Director of the Department of Regional Strategy and Development, he oversees DFCI ambulatory oncology units at regional sites throughout New England. As Chief of the Division of General Oncology he is responsible for the oncologists working in the regional network. He is former Chair of the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO) Quality of Care Committee. He is a member of the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons, and Chair of their Quality Integration Committee. As Director for the DFCI Center for Global Cancer Medicine, and in collaboration with Partners In Health, where he is Senior Oncology Advisor, he is helping to lead the development of structured cancer programs in Rwanda, Haiti and Malawi. A specialist in the treatment of patients with breast cancer, his research includes development of new cancer therapies.
Sponsor: Global Academic Programs
Contact: Shubhra Ghosh - firstname.lastname@example.org
ShulmanInsert11x17a.pdf (PDF, 164 KB)
- Organization for Women: Developing a Vision Board with Karen Mooney “Part 2: Awaken Your Possibilities: How to Invest in the Alignment of Your Life”
- WEBINAR: Embase - Reviewing the Literature Beyond Medline
- CSI Lecture: Regulation, Role and Therapeutic Targeting of AMPK in Prostate Cancer by Daniel E. Frigo, Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Traver Hart
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer (CIC) Distinguished Lecture Series
- Dr. Huda Y. Zoghbi - Rett Syndrome and MeCP2 disorders and the insight they provide into neuropsychiatric disorders
- Dr Cullen Taniguchi - Protecting the Gut to improve outcomes in pancreatic cancer
- Lavish Linens
- 5th Annual Metabolism in Cancer Symposium Featured Speaker - Matthew Vander Heiden, M.D., Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Meng Wang