MD Anderson Events
Hematology Grand Rounds
- Assess clinical and translational research in lymphoma and plasma cell dyscrasia (knowledge);
- Increase collaboration between disciplines regarding lymphoma and plasma cell dyscrasia (knowledge, competence, performance);
- Update knowledge and collaboration in trials and research (knowledge, competence, performance);
- Accelerate the speed of translational research and clinical trials to achieve better patient outcomes (knowledge, competence, performance, patient outcomes);
Date: 4/30/14, 8am to 9am
Time: 4/30/14, 8am to 9am
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 3 (FCT3.4143)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Facilitator: Laura Lam, PhD
Speaker: Eduardo Sotomayor, M.D.
Speaker Bio: Eduardo M. Sotomayor, MD is the Susan and John Sykes Endowed Chair in Hematologic Malignancies at Moffitt Cancer Center and Professor of Oncologic Sciences and of Pathology and Cell Biology at the University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, Florida. He is also the Scientific Director of the DeBartolo Personalized Medicine Institute at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Sotomayor received his MD degree from Federico Villarreal National University School of Medicine in Lima, Peru, before completing his residency in Internal Medicine at Jackson Memorial Hospital/University of Miami School of Medicine in Florida. He then trained as Medical Oncologist at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. His research interest is in the area of immunobiology and immunotherapy of B-cell malignancies. His clinical interest lies particularly with mantle cell lymphoma. He has published close to 100 manuscripts including seminal publications in top tier journals such as Nature Medicine, Nature Immunology, Immunity, Cancer Cell, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Journal of Clinical Investigations, Blood, Cancer Research and Journal of Immunology. He currently has three NIH R01 grants and has received several grants in the past from the Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF). He is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board, Lymphoma Research Foundation, a member of the Mantle Cell Lymphoma Consortium and a standing Member, National Cancer Institute, Subcommittee A (Parent Committee), Cancer Centers.
Contact: Curtisha Jones - (713) 745-8168 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization for Women: Developing a Vision Board with Karen Mooney “Part 2: Awaken Your Possibilities: How to Invest in the Alignment of Your Life”
- WEBINAR: Embase - Reviewing the Literature Beyond Medline
- CSI Lecture: Regulation, Role and Therapeutic Targeting of AMPK in Prostate Cancer by Daniel E. Frigo, Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Traver Hart
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer (CIC) Distinguished Lecture Series
- Dr. Huda Y. Zoghbi - Rett Syndrome and MeCP2 disorders and the insight they provide into neuropsychiatric disorders
- Dr Cullen Taniguchi - Protecting the Gut to improve outcomes in pancreatic cancer
- Lavish Linens
- 5th Annual Metabolism in Cancer Symposium Featured Speaker - Matthew Vander Heiden, M.D., Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Meng Wang