MD Anderson Events
How to Write a Successful Career Development Award Proposal
The Department of Scientific Publications is bringing back to MD Anderson the widely acclaimed “Write Winning Grant Proposals” and “How to Write a Successful Career Development Award Proposal” series of seminars, presented by Stephen W. Russell, PhD, of Grant Writers’ Seminars and Workshops, LLC. The two seminars address both practical and conceptual aspects of the proposal-writing process.
Here is the link to the CME/Conference Management registration page:
Date: 4/19/13, 8:30am to 11:30am
Time: 4/19/13, 8:30am to 11:30am
Location: Hickey Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 11 (R11.1400)
Speaker: Stephen W. Russell, PhD
Speaker Bio: Stephen W. Russell, PhD, cofounder of Grant Writers’ Seminars and Workshops, LLC, was funded continuously from the early 1970s by the NIH, USDA, American Cancer Society, foundations, and industry. Grants awarded included individual-investigator–initiated research awards, program project grants, and training grants. In 1999, he elected to enter emeritus status and concentrate on Grant Writers’ Seminars and Workshops full time. He has served on multiple national review panels and advisory groups and has received awards for teaching excellence. Dr. Russell earned his PhD in comparative pathology at the University of California–Davis and was a postdoctoral research fellow at the Scripps Research Institute. At the University of Kansas Medical Center, he was the Wilkinson Distinguished Professor of Cancer Research; Director of the Cancer Center; and Professor in the departments of Pathology and of Immunology and Medical Microbiology.
Contact: John McCool - (713) 792-3174 - firstname.lastname@example.org
2013 Grant Writers flyer.pdf (PDF, 591 KB)
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Dihua Yu, M.D., Ph.D.
- Targeting metabolism through OxPhos inhibition in leukemia
- From Burnout to Brilliance: Physician Wellness Symposium
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "Epigenetic regulation by arginine methylation in muscle stem cells and in cancer"
- Lymphoma/Myeloma Update for Patients: What's New for 2017? In Houston
- AACR Annual Meeting 2017 - MD Anderson Alumni and Faculty Association Reception
- Targeted & Immunotherapy: The New Era in Cancer Management
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Sina Safayi, D.V.M., Ph.D.
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Animal Welfare