MD Anderson Events
John H. Blaffer Lecture Series
Maike Sander, M.D.
UC San Diego
Date: 11/6/12, 4pm to 5pm
Time: 11/6/12, 4pm to 5pm
Location: Onstead Auditorium, Basic Science Research Building, Floor 3, near Elevator J, (S3.8012)
Facilitator: Les Krushel
Speaker: Maike Sander
Speaker Bio: Dr. Maike Sander’s research has focused on diabetes for more than 15 years. She conducted research in endocrinology while receiving her MD degree from the University of Heidelberg in Germany, and made pancreatic islet cell development and function the focus of her postdoctoral work at the University of California, San Francisco. Prior to joining the UCSD Department of Pediatrics and UCSD Stem Cell Program, Dr. Sander held faculty appointments at the University of Hamburg in Germany and at UC Irvine. Dr. Sander is the recipient of a Career Development Award and the Grodsky Basic Research Scientist Award from the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). She also serves as a scientific reviewer for the JDRF, the National Institutes of Health, and numerous scientific journals.
Contact: Doris Green - (713) 834-6267 - email@example.com
- Mindfulness Meditation: How Mental Training can Re-Wire the Brain for a Healthy Mind and Body
- Integrative Medicine Lecture Series
- IPCT Seminar
- Cancer Systems Imaging Lecture - "Molecular Imaging and Therapy with Peptides, Proteins, and Nanoparticles"
- Division of Diagnostic Imaging Research Seminar Series
- Center for Cancer Epigenetics Distinguished Lecture