MD Anderson Events
Komen Houston Race for the Cure
Help promote breast cancer awareness, research and treatment by joining our running and walking team at the annual Komen Houston Race for the Cure event. MD Anderson is the Health Education/Gold Level Sponsor this year. Proceeds from the event benefit the Susan G. Komen for the Cure organization.
Our 2013 MD Anderson team captains are Danielle Walsh, Breast Medical Oncology, and Corinna Perez, HR WorkLife & Wellness.
Our team is open to:
- Employees and their family members
- Patients and their caregivers or family members
- Volunteers and their family members
Komen Houston Race for the Cure
- Saturday, Oct. 5
- 7:45 a.m. Opening ceremonies
- 8 a.m. Walk/Run begins
Fundraising is not required, but all participants must pay their own registration fees. Fees range from $20 to $50, depending on the type of registration you choose. In accordance with our Charitable Activities and Solicitations Committee guidelines, you can raise money for the event but only on your personal time without using MD Anderson resources, such as your work email.
The deadline for online registration is Friday, Sept. 27 at noon. The first 200 MD Anderson employees to register will receive a free MD Anderson team t-shirt to wear on race day.
To register online, visit MD Anderson’s registration page and follow these steps:
- Click “Join Team” (located near the top, inside gray MD Anderson Cancer Center team box).
- After you click “Join Team,” you will be asked to “Choose Your Participation Type.”
- Near the end of that page, you will see a set of questions about individual fundraising/pledge goals with preset amounts. MD Anderson employees are not required to raise money for this event, so you can choose to ignore these questions, go to the bottom of the page and keep clicking on “Next Step” until your registration is complete.
If you register online by the Sept. 27 deadline, your race packet will be mailed to you at no cost.
About two weeks before the race, you will receive instructions about picking up your free MD Anderson t-shirt from MD Anderson’s Fitness Center in Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 2. If you weren't one of the first 200 to register, wear any MD Anderson t-shirt that you have.
Online registration is preferred by the Komen Houston event organizers, but you can also register via mail (deadline for mail-in registration is Sept. 13) or in person on the day of the event for an additional $5. See Komen Houston Frequently Asked Questions for details.
For questions, call the Public Education Office at 713-792-3363.
Date: 10/5/13, 7am to 11am
Time: 10/5/13, 7am to 11am
Location: Downtown Houston, Sam Houston Park
Format: All Employee Meeting
Contact: Marisa Mir - (713) 792-3363 - email@example.com
- ERO Seminar Series - Wenyi Wei
- Sprint for Life 2016
- Halo House Foundation 5K and 1K runs for Adults & Children
- Health Disparities Research Faculty Candidate Seminar: Culture, Health Disparities, and Psychosocial Interventions: A focus on Asian American Cancer Survivors by Dr. Qian Lu
- Clinical Research-OneConnect Town Hall
- Achieving Communication Excellence (ACE) Lecture Series
- When Can I Retire from TRS? Details about Your TRS Retirement at 1MC!
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- Medical World Americas
- Life After: Science and Medicine