MD Anderson Events
Mike Hogg Award and Lecture - Honoring Robert A Weinberg, PhD
The Mike Hogg Award and Lecture is the most prestigious at MD Anderson Cancer Center. The annual Mike Hogg lecture series began during Dr. R. Lee Clark’s tenure and the initial organizer was Dr. Clark Griffin. Nobel Prize winners who are still active in research are honored and invited to deliver a lecture as part of the award. The event is underwritten by the Mike Hogg Fund and hosted by the Alumni and Faculty Association.
Lecture Title: "Cancer Stem Cells, the EMT and Malignant Progression"
Date: 2/13/13, 11am to 12pm
Time: 2/13/13, 11am to 12pm
Location: Hickey Auditorium
Speaker Bio: Dr. Robert A. Weinberg is a founding member of the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and the Daniel K. Ludwig Professor for Cancer Research at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He is also the first Director of the Ludwig Cancer Center at MIT. He is an internationally recognized authority on the genetic basis of human cancer.
Contact: Jennifer Price - (713) 563-9667 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oncologic Emergency Medicine Education Series
- Oncology Science and Practice Forum
- Center for Cancer Epigenetics Distinguished Lecture Series
- Division of Diagnostic Imaging DIRSS: Research Seminar Series
- Division of Diagnostic Imaging Research Seminar Series (DIRSS)
- Integrative Medicine Program Lecture Series
- John H. Blaffer Lecture Series
- 2017 Alando J. Ballantyne Distinguished Lectureship