MD Anderson Events
Mike Hogg Award and Lecture - Honoring Robert A Weinberg, PhD
The Mike Hogg Award and Lecture is the most prestigious at MD Anderson Cancer Center. The annual Mike Hogg lecture series began during Dr. R. Lee Clark’s tenure and the initial organizer was Dr. Clark Griffin. Nobel Prize winners who are still active in research are honored and invited to deliver a lecture as part of the award. The event is underwritten by the Mike Hogg Fund and hosted by the Alumni and Faculty Association.
Lecture Title: "Cancer Stem Cells, the EMT and Malignant Progression"
Date: 2/13/13, 11am to 12pm
Time: 2/13/13, 11am to 12pm
Location: Hickey Auditorium
Speaker Bio: Dr. Robert A. Weinberg is a founding member of the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and the Daniel K. Ludwig Professor for Cancer Research at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He is also the first Director of the Ludwig Cancer Center at MIT. He is an internationally recognized authority on the genetic basis of human cancer.
Contact: Jennifer Price - (713) 563-9667 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Integrative Medicine Program Special Event
- Arts in Medicine presents "The Space Suit Project" at MFAH
- Clinical Cancer Prevention Lecture Series: "Breast Cancer Prevention in the Era of Precision Medicine" - Powel Brown, MD, PhD
- John H. Blaffer Lecture Series
- Oncology Science and Practice Forum
- Provosts' Distinguished Lecture Series - Prof. Dr. Lars Zender
- Cancer Biology Special Seminar
- Mike Hogg Award & Lecture | 2016
- Integrative Medicine Program Lecture Series
- Education Week 2016 Keynote Address: Rebecca Richards-Kortum, Ph.D., and Kathleen Schmeler, M.D.