MD Anderson Events
Nanotechnology in Biomedical Science
Two-day short course hosted by the Genes and Development Graduate Program. For a complete list of lectures and to register, please visit www.mdanderson.org/gdshortcourse
Thursday, February 7
9:00: Opening Remarks
9:10: Keynote Address: Dr. Robert Curl, Rice University (Nobel Laureate)
10:30: Michelle Khine, PhD, University of California, Irvine
11:30: Paula Hammond, PhD, MIT
12:30: Lunch Break
1:30: Jeffrey Tabor, PhD, Rice University
2:30: Technical Demonstration, Dr. Michelle Khine
3:45 - 5:45: Hands-on Workshop for G&D Students Only
Friday, February 8
9:00: Keffrey Karp, PhD, Harvard
10:00 Nicholas Navin, PhD, MD Anderson
11:15: Mehmet Yani, PhD, MIT
12:15: Illustration of Equpment & Technical Video Demo, Dr. Yanik and Dr. Karp
12:45: Panel Discussion on "Future Directions in Nanotechnology in Biomedical Science"
Date: 2/7/13 to 2/8/13
Time: 2/7/13, 9am to 2/8/13, 1:30pm
Location: Onstead Auditorium, Basic Science Research Building, Floor 3, near Elevator J, (S3.8012)
Facilitator: Dr. Gabor Balazsi
Sponsor: Dr. Elsa Flores
Contact: Elisabeth Lindheim - (713) 834-6352 - firstname.lastname@example.org
nanotech schedule.pdf (PDF, 81 KB)
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Gregory N. Fuller, M.D., Ph.D.
- Host-Microbiota interaction at muscosal surface
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Jason Huse, M.D., Ph.D.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Research Misconduct and Policies for Handling Misconduct:
- Cancer Metabolism Working Group Seminars presents Dr. Joya Chandra and Dr. Prasenjit Dey
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Baoli Hu, Ph.D.
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "Cross-species genetic mapping of targets in mitochondria, metabolism and aging"
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Dihua Yu, M.D., Ph.D.