Patient Home Visits
MD Anderson Events
Patient Home Visits
Through the Patient Home Visits (formerly Texas Bus Rounds), medical providers visit homes, hospices and other care sites around Houston to learn about the challenges patients and their families face toward the end of life. Through this patient centered approach, the Patient Home Visits help providers identify these challenges and discuss methods of care that can help each patient live as well as possible, for as long as possible.
This highly interactive and experiential education program is designed for physicians, nurses, residents, fellows, social workers and other health care providers who have an interest in palliative and supportive care. Providers from both inside and outside MD Anderson are welcome.
After attending the program, the participant should be able to:
• Identify and manage the complex medical, ethical, spiritual and psychosocial issues that patients face near end-of-life; (knowledge, competence, performance)
• Demonstrate an increased understanding and sharing of best practices in palliative care within a patient care setting; (knowledge, competence, performance)
• Discuss and manage difficult issues with an interdisciplinary team committed to improving the quality of healthcare delivery; (knowledge, competence, performance, patient outcomes)
• Model/demonstrate effective ways of communicating with patient and caregivers that will lead to improved patient and family care; (knowledge, competence, performance, patient outcomes)
• Provide and administer an improved psychosocial and spiritual care model that is administered to patients and families during this stage of their illness. (knowledge, competence, performance)
Date: 1/30/19, 8am to 12pm
Time: 1/30/19, 8am to 12pm
Location: Meet in Faculty Center lobby
Format: All Employee Meeting
Contact: Deanna Cuello - 41887 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2019 Seed Money Funding ALERT
- Children's Art Project Pop Up Shop
- BeWell Fair
- OFW/OME: The Changing Face of Houston
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series- "Modeling and targeting metastatic cancer in vivo"
- WMFI Diversity and Inclusion Lecture Series: Dayna Bowen Matthew, J.D., Ph.D.
- MRI Educational Seminar: "Quantitative Imaging & Parameter Mapping"
- ERO Seminar Series - Dr. Moon-Shong Tang - “E-cigarette Smoke is Carcinogenic: A Conclusion Derived from Biochemical Studies and Mouse Models”
- Dept. of Epidemiology Seminar Series