MD Anderson Events
Pediatric Research Seminar Series: Novel Approaches To The Treatment of Mestastatic Cancer
The Department of Pediatrics Research invites investigators with expertise in the field of pediatric tumors or relevant areas of research to present the recent findings to faculty, students and post-doctoral fellows.
Date: 1/29/13, 9am to 10am
Time: 1/29/13, 9am to 10am
Location: Smith Research Building, Conference SRB1.122
Facilitator: Vidya Gopalakrishnan, PhD
Speaker: Bruce R. Zetter, PhD
Speaker Bio: Bruce R. Zetter, PhD, is the Charles Nowiszewski Professor of Cancer Biology in the Department of Surgery for the Boston Children's Hospital. Bruce Zetter, PhD is a pioneer in understanding how cell movement affects tumor metastasis. In 1980, he made the key discovery that interferon alpha, which inhibits viral proliferation, also inhibits the locomotion of endothelial cells necessary for angiogenesis. His work led to the interferon alpha to treat hemangiomas.
Contact: Hector Jimenez - (713) 563-5394 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Amy Heimberger, M.D.
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Frederick F. Lang, MD, FACS, FAANS
- GAP 2017 Conference - Houston
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Research Misconduct and Policies for Handling Misconduct
- 1st Oncological Critical Care Research Network International Conference
- MD Anderson Anesthesiology & Neuroscience May Seminar Series
- 2017 Internal Medicine Research Retreat
- Center for Camcer Epigenetics Distinguished Lecture Series