MD Anderson Events
Pediatrics Research Seminar Series: Pharmacogenomics of Childhood ALL
The Department of Pediatrics Research invites investigators with expertise in the field of pediatric tumors or relevant areas of research to present the recent findings to faculty, students and post-doctoral fellows.
Date: 2/5/13, 9am to 10am
Time: 2/5/13, 9am to 10am
Location: Smith Research Building, Conference SRB1.122
Facilitator: Vidya Gopalakrishnan, PhD
Speaker: Mary V. Relling, Pharm.D.
Speaker Bio: Dr. Relling earned her undergraduate B.S. degree from the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy and her doctoral degree from the University of Utah College of Pharmacy. She moved to Memphis in 1985 and joined St. Jude as a research fellow, and in 2003 was named chair of the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences. She is also a professor at the University of Tennessee in the Colleges of Medicine and Pharmacy. Her primary interests are in treatment of childhood leukemia and pharmacogenetics of antileukemic therapy. Dr. Relling is one of the Principal Investigators within NIH's Pharmacogenomics Research Network. She has published over 240 original scientific manuscripts. She was elected to the Institute of Medicine in 2009.
Contact: Hector Jimenez - (713) 563-5394 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Dihua Yu, M.D., Ph.D.
- Targeting metabolism through OxPhos inhibition in leukemia
- From Burnout to Brilliance: Physician Wellness Symposium
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "Epigenetic regulation by arginine methylation in muscle stem cells and in cancer"
- Lymphoma/Myeloma Update for Patients: What's New for 2017? In Houston
- AACR Annual Meeting 2017 - MD Anderson Alumni and Faculty Association Reception
- Targeted & Immunotherapy: The New Era in Cancer Management
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Sina Safayi, D.V.M., Ph.D.
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Animal Welfare