MD Anderson Events
PurpleStride Houston 5K
Help promote pancreatic cancer awareness, research and treatment by joining your co-workers at the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s PurpleStride Houston 5K. MD Anderson is a sponsor of the event.
The MD Anderson team is open to:
- Employees and their family members
- Patients and their caregivers or family members
- Volunteers and their family members
The first 100 people to join Team MD Anderson will receive a free MD Anderson t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed at the Fitness Center about two weeks before the event and sizes will be first come, first serve. All team members are encouraged to wear an MD Anderson t-shirt to the race even if they did not receive a free shirt, and to wear purple accessories to show support for the cause.
Our 2013 MD Anderson team captains are Maria Petzel, Clinical Nutrition, and Vanessa Martinez, Surgical Oncology. Race registration fees range from $10 to $35.
How to register
Follow these steps for online registration:
- Click “Join Team”
- Scroll through the list of teams to find the MD Anderson Cancer Center team.
- Complete the username and password settings page and click Continue.
- On the registration page, you can leave the Add a Donation and Fundraising Goal sections blank. MD Anderson employees are not required to raise money for this event. In accordance with MD Anderson’s Charitable Activities and Expenditures Policy (#ADM0115), if an employee wishes to raise money, they can do so during their personal time and without using MD Anderson resources.
- Keep clicking on Continue until your registration is complete.
The deadline for online registration is Oct. 28 to receive a PurpleStride event t-shirt from the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
Date: 11/23/13, 8am to 11am
Time: 11/23/13, 8am to 11am
Location: Reliant Park
Format: Community Event
Contact: Marisa Mir - (713) 794-1732 - email@example.com
- Prostate Health Awareness Conference
- Stamping Out Colorectal Cancer 5K Run / Walk
- AIM for the CURE Melanoma Walk and Fun Run
- Run for Wellness - Katy
- Day of Wellness- Resource Fair
- Day of Wellness Evening Event
- Seventh Annual Halloween Bake Sale to Benefit Adopt a Family hosted by Cytogenetics Laboratory
- Run for Wellness - The Heights
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Strategic Industry Ventures
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies