MD Anderson Events
PurpleStride Houston 5K
Help promote pancreatic cancer awareness, research and treatment by joining your co-workers at the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s PurpleStride Houston 5K. MD Anderson is a sponsor of the event.
The MD Anderson team is open to:
- Employees and their family members
- Patients and their caregivers or family members
- Volunteers and their family members
The first 100 people to join Team MD Anderson will receive a free MD Anderson t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed at the Fitness Center about two weeks before the event and sizes will be first come, first serve. All team members are encouraged to wear an MD Anderson t-shirt to the race even if they did not receive a free shirt, and to wear purple accessories to show support for the cause.
Our 2013 MD Anderson team captains are Maria Petzel, Clinical Nutrition, and Vanessa Martinez, Surgical Oncology. Race registration fees range from $10 to $35.
How to register
Follow these steps for online registration:
- Click “Join Team”
- Scroll through the list of teams to find the MD Anderson Cancer Center team.
- Complete the username and password settings page and click Continue.
- On the registration page, you can leave the Add a Donation and Fundraising Goal sections blank. MD Anderson employees are not required to raise money for this event. In accordance with MD Anderson’s Charitable Activities and Expenditures Policy (#ADM0115), if an employee wishes to raise money, they can do so during their personal time and without using MD Anderson resources.
- Keep clicking on Continue until your registration is complete.
The deadline for online registration is Oct. 28 to receive a PurpleStride event t-shirt from the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
Date: 11/23/13, 8am to 11am
Time: 11/23/13, 8am to 11am
Location: Reliant Park
Format: Community Event
Contact: Marisa Mir - (713) 794-1732 - email@example.com
- Support Connection
- School of Health Professions Open House
- Annual Postdoc & Family Picnic
- Run for Wellness
- myCancerConnection Day Away: Houston Astros (Survivorship Week)
- Resource Fair (Survivorship Week)
- Help with Advance Care Planning (Survivorship Week)
- My Favorite Day (Survivorship Week)
- OncWalk (Survivorship Week)
- Breathing Circle (Survivorship Week)