MD Anderson Events
RNA Center 3rd Annual Retreat - Keynote Speaker Presentation
The RNA Center welcomes keynote speaker, Dr. Terry O'Halloran, Associate Professor in Molecular, Cell & Developmental Biology, University of Texas-Austin,“At the Crossroads: Intersection between Coated Vesicles and the Actin Cytoskeleton during Endocytosis”.
*Lunch provided to the first 75 attendees*
Date: 7/27/12, 11am to 12pm
Time: 7/27/12, 11am to 12pm
Location: Cancer Prevention Building, Floor 8, Rooms 6-8
Speaker: Terry O'Halloran, Ph.D.
Speaker Bio: Terry O’Halloran received her B.Sc from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and then completed a Ph.D in Cell Biology at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill where she investigated proteins that link actin with the plasma membrane. Her work on molecular genetics and membrane trafficking began during postdocs with Jim Spudich at Stanford and Dick Anderson at UT-Southwestern. She continued to use cell and molecular biological approaches to study membranes as a faculty member, initially at Duke University and in her current position at the University of Texas where she is an Associate Professor in Molecular, Cell & Developmental Biology. The O’Halloran lab pioneered the study of clathrin and clathrin-associated genes using the amoeba Dictyostelium as a model. The lab has generated a substantial collection knockout mutants in different genes associated with clathrin function. Using a combination of phenotypic analysis and live cell imaging, the O’Halloran lab studies questions about how cells form clathrin coated vesicles from the plasma membrane and how these vesicles interact with the actin cytoskeleton to separate from the plasma membrane and enter the cell.
Contact: Ersulan Hampton - (713) 563-0639 - firstname.lastname@example.org
RNAC_OHalloran_poster_flier.pdf (PDF, 274 KB)
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar "Regulation of Enhancer Overactivation by a Protein Complex Containing RACK7/ZMYND8 and KDM5C"
- Annual Postdoctoral Science Symposium
- Dr. Mina Bissell: Why don’t we get more cancer: The critical role of Extracellular Matrix and Microenvironment in metastasis and dormancy
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series "Mitochondria and Metal-Induced Oxidative Stress at the Center of Alzheimer Disease"
- Updates in Palliative Care and Physician Board Review Course
- New Immune Checkpoints, New Cancer Immunotherapies
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Data Acquisition, Management, Sharing and Ownership
- 20th Annual Interdisciplinary Conference on Supportive Care, Hospice and Palliative Medicine