MD Anderson Events
RNA Center 4th Annual Retreat
Join us at the RNA Center 4th Annual Retreat where our Keynote Speaker will be Dr. Michael White, Professor in the department of Cell Biology at the UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Event: 8:00AM - 1:00PM / Keynote Speaker Presentation: 11:30AM - 12:30PM
For addiitonal information, see attached flier and agenda.
Date: 6/27/13, 8am to 1pm
Time: 6/27/13, 8am to 1pm
Location: South Campus Research Building 2, Floor 1, Rooms 4-6
Directions: 7435 Fannin St., Houston, TX 77054
Speaker Bio: Dr. Michael A. White is Professor in the department of Cell Biology at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. Dr. White holds the endowed title for The Sherry Wigley Crow Cancer Research Endowed Chair in Honor of Robert Lewis Kirby, M.D. and the Grant A. Dove Chair for Research in Oncology. He also serves as Associate Director of Basic Science for the Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center. Dr. White’s research focus is cancer cell biology and early stage cancer intervention target discovery. His work is directed at understanding the mechanistic basis of oncogenic transformation. Dr. White received his Bachelor of Science in Zoology in 1986 at the University of Iowa, Iowa City, his Ph.D. in Biology in 1992 from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill and was Postdoctoral Fellow at the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory in New York.
Contact: Ersulan Hampton - (713) 563-0639 - firstname.lastname@example.org
RNAC_MWhite_poster_flier.pdf (PDF, 183 KB)
4th RNAC Retreat June 27 2013 - Agenda.pdf (PDF, 121 KB)
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Gregory N. Fuller, M.D., Ph.D.
- Host-Microbiota interaction at muscosal surface
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Jason Huse, M.D., Ph.D.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Research Misconduct and Policies for Handling Misconduct:
- Cancer Metabolism Working Group Seminars presents Dr. Joya Chandra and Dr. Prasenjit Dey
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Baoli Hu, Ph.D.
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "Cross-species genetic mapping of targets in mitochondria, metabolism and aging"
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Dihua Yu, M.D., Ph.D.