MD Anderson Events
RNA Center Seminar Series
RNA Center Seminar Series
Date: 1/11/11, 3pm to 4pm
Time: 1/11/11, 3pm to 4pm
Location: Hickey Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 11 (R11.1400)
Speaker: Eric Olson, Ph.D.
Speaker Bio: Eric Olson has dedicated his career to deciphering the mechanisms that control muscle gene regulation and development. His most recent work has focused on the genetic pathways responsible for congenital and acquired cardiovascular disease. Dr. Olson grew up in North Carolina where he attended Wake Forest University and received a B.A. in Chemistry and Biology in 1977, a Ph.D. in Biochemistry in 1981 and an honorary doctorate in 2003. After postdoctoral training with Luis Glaser at Washington University School of Medicine, he joined the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at The M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in 1984 and became Professor and Chairman in 1991. In 1995, he founded the Department of Molecular Biology at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. Dr. Olson’s honors include the Basic Research Prize, the Founding Distinguished Scientist Award, and the Research Achievement Award from the American Heart Association, the Pasarow Medical Research Award in Cardiovascular Disease, the Gill Heart Institute Award, the Lucian Award for Research in Cardiovascular Disease, the Outstanding Investigator Award from the International Society for Heart Research, and the Pollin Prize for Lifetime Contributions to Pediatric Research. In 2009, the Institut de France and French Academy of Science awarded Dr. Olson the Fondation Lefoulon-Delalande Grand Prize, considered the largest international award in cardiovascular medicine. He is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the National Academy of Sciences, and its Institute of Medicine
Contact: Ersulan Hampton - firstname.lastname@example.org
Olson_01.11.2011_flyer.pdf (PDF, 58 KB)
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Dihua Yu, M.D., Ph.D.
- Targeting metabolism through OxPhos inhibition in leukemia
- From Burnout to Brilliance: Physician Wellness Symposium
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "Epigenetic regulation by arginine methylation in muscle stem cells and in cancer"
- Lymphoma/Myeloma Update for Patients: What's New for 2017? In Houston
- AACR Annual Meeting 2017 - MD Anderson Alumni and Faculty Association Reception
- Targeted & Immunotherapy: The New Era in Cancer Management
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Sina Safayi, D.V.M., Ph.D.
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Animal Welfare