MD Anderson Events
RNA Center Seminar Series
RNA Center Seminar Series, Guest Speaker: Frank Slack, Ph.D., Yale University
Date: 3/24/11, 3pm to 4pm
Time: 3/24/11, 3pm to 4pm
Location: AT&T Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 2 (B2.4750)
Speaker: Frank Slack, PhD
Speaker Bio: Frank Slack received his B.Sc. from the University of Cape Town in South Africa, before completing his Ph.D. in molecular biology at Tufts University School of Medicine. He started work on microRNAs as a postdoctoral fellow in Gary Ruvkun’s laboratory at Harvard Medical School, where he co-discovered the second known microRNA, let-7. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology at Yale University. The Slack laboratory studies the roles of microRNAs and their targets in development, disease and aging. Dr. Slack is an Ellison Medical Foundation Senior Scholar, and a program director in the Yale Cancer Center.
Contact: Ersulan Hampton - (713) 563-0639 - email@example.com
Slack_03.24.2011_flier.pdf (PDF, 72 KB)
- Pancreas Cancer Seminar Series
- Symposium on Molecular Imaging with Mass Spectrometry Techniques
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents John de Groot, M.D.
- Experimental therapeutics using preclinical mouse models of early or late stage metastatic disease
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Value-Based Head and Neck Cancer Care
- Fourth International Conference on Cancer and the Heart
- Current Concepts in Head and Neck Surgery
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Mohammad Belayat Hossain, Ph.D.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Communication and Difficult Conversations