MD Anderson Events
RNA Center Seminar Series
RNA Center Seminar Series, Guest Speaker: Frank Slack, Ph.D., Yale University
Date: 3/24/11, 3pm to 4pm
Time: 3/24/11, 3pm to 4pm
Location: AT&T Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 2 (B2.4750)
Speaker: Frank Slack, PhD
Speaker Bio: Frank Slack received his B.Sc. from the University of Cape Town in South Africa, before completing his Ph.D. in molecular biology at Tufts University School of Medicine. He started work on microRNAs as a postdoctoral fellow in Gary Ruvkun’s laboratory at Harvard Medical School, where he co-discovered the second known microRNA, let-7. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology at Yale University. The Slack laboratory studies the roles of microRNAs and their targets in development, disease and aging. Dr. Slack is an Ellison Medical Foundation Senior Scholar, and a program director in the Yale Cancer Center.
Contact: Ersulan Hampton - (713) 563-0639 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Slack_03.24.2011_flier.pdf (PDF, 72 KB)
- Therapy Guided by p53 Dynamics in Single Cells
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Pratip Bhattacharya, Ph.D.
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series ": In vivo discovery of targets for cancer immunotherapy"
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Peer Review
- MD Anderson Anesthesiology & Neuroscience December Seminar Series
- Sarcoma Patient Educational Conference: Ask The Experts
- 2017 Oncologic Emergency Medicine Conference
- Orbital Oncology adn Oncologic Oculofacial Plastic Surgery: A Multidisciplinary Approach
- Diagnostic Pathology Course