MD Anderson Events
RNA Center Seminar Series
RNA Center Seminar Series, Guest Speaker: Frank Slack, Ph.D., Yale University
Date: 3/24/11, 3pm to 4pm
Time: 3/24/11, 3pm to 4pm
Location: AT&T Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 2 (B2.4750)
Speaker: Frank Slack, PhD
Speaker Bio: Frank Slack received his B.Sc. from the University of Cape Town in South Africa, before completing his Ph.D. in molecular biology at Tufts University School of Medicine. He started work on microRNAs as a postdoctoral fellow in Gary Ruvkun’s laboratory at Harvard Medical School, where he co-discovered the second known microRNA, let-7. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology at Yale University. The Slack laboratory studies the roles of microRNAs and their targets in development, disease and aging. Dr. Slack is an Ellison Medical Foundation Senior Scholar, and a program director in the Yale Cancer Center.
Contact: Ersulan Hampton - (713) 563-0639 - email@example.com
Slack_03.24.2011_flier.pdf (PDF, 72 KB)
- From Burnout to Brilliance: Physician Wellness Symposium
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "Epigenetic regulation by arginine methylation in muscle stem cells and in cancer"
- Lymphoma/Myeloma Update for Patients: What's New for 2017? In Houston
- AACR Annual Meeting 2017 - MD Anderson Alumni and Faculty Association Reception
- Targeted & Immunotherapy: The New Era in Cancer Management
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Sina Safayi, D.V.M., Ph.D.
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Animal Welfare
- Department of Translational Molecular Pathology Distinguished Speaker Seminar Series
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Jian Hu, Ph.D.