MD Anderson Events
RNA Center Seminar Series
RNA Center Seminar Series, Guest Speaker: Frank Slack, Ph.D., Yale University
Date: 3/24/11, 3pm to 4pm
Time: 3/24/11, 3pm to 4pm
Location: AT&T Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 2 (B2.4750)
Speaker: Frank Slack, PhD
Speaker Bio: Frank Slack received his B.Sc. from the University of Cape Town in South Africa, before completing his Ph.D. in molecular biology at Tufts University School of Medicine. He started work on microRNAs as a postdoctoral fellow in Gary Ruvkun’s laboratory at Harvard Medical School, where he co-discovered the second known microRNA, let-7. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology at Yale University. The Slack laboratory studies the roles of microRNAs and their targets in development, disease and aging. Dr. Slack is an Ellison Medical Foundation Senior Scholar, and a program director in the Yale Cancer Center.
Contact: Ersulan Hampton - (713) 563-0639 - email@example.com
Slack_03.24.2011_flier.pdf (PDF, 72 KB)
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Gregory N. Fuller, M.D., Ph.D.
- Host-Microbiota interaction at muscosal surface
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Jason Huse, M.D., Ph.D.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Research Misconduct and Policies for Handling Misconduct:
- Cancer Metabolism Working Group Seminars presents Dr. Joya Chandra and Dr. Prasenjit Dey
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Baoli Hu, Ph.D.
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "Cross-species genetic mapping of targets in mitochondria, metabolism and aging"
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Dihua Yu, M.D., Ph.D.