MD Anderson Events
Respiratory Care Week
Respiratory Therapists Enter the Spotlight During National Respiratory Care Week, October 20-October 26, 2013
People who are lucky enough to take breathing for granted may have never even heard of a Respiratory Therapist. But for those with asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, cystic fibrosis, and other conditions, “RTs,”as they Respiratory Therapists are known for short, are key to breathing easier.
Respiratory Therapists at our institution can be found providing aerosolized medication treatments, managing mechanical ventilators in the ICU, and providing lung expansion therapy. Along with a list of other services, RTs also spend time educating patients about their lung conditions and the medications used to treat them. As experts in lung health, they team with other disciplines to develop the best plan of care for their patients.
National Respiratory Care Week, October 20 - 26th, 203, is sponsored by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC). This is a great time for everyone to learn more about these vital healthcare professionals.
Date: 10/20/13 to 10/26/13
Time: 10/20/13, 12am to 10/26/13, 12am
Location: Main Hospital Building, Purple Basement, PB.3144
Format: All Employee Meeting
Contact: Vandita Joshi - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Eisenhower Senior High School
- Kendra Scott Pop Up Shop
- Entertainment: MD Anderson Employee Choir
- Bootcamp of the Mind, Body & Spirit: Food as Medicine: Preventing and Treating Disease with Diet
- Entertainment: Kingwood High School Choir
- Entertainment: Texas A&M Singing Cadets and Women's Chorus
- Literature Reviews: Searching for Evidence
- Entertainment: Celbration Ringers Handbell Choir
- Entertainment: Revels-Houston
- Entertainment: Pasadena Memorial High School