MD Anderson Events
Respiratory Care Week
Respiratory Therapists Enter the Spotlight During National Respiratory Care Week, October 19 – 25, 2014
People who are lucky enough to take breathing for granted may have never even heard of a “Respiratory Therapist.” But for those with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, and other conditions, Respiratory Therapists, or “RTs,” as they are known for short, are the key to breathing easier.
Respiratory Therapists at the institution provide aerosolized medication treatments, manage mechanical ventilators in the ICU, provide lung expansion therapy and many more services. They also spend time educating patients about their lung conditions and the medications used to treat them. As experts in lung health, they team with other disciplines to develop the best plan of care for their patients.
National Respiratory Care Week, October 19-25, 2014 is sponsored by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC). This is a great time for everyone to learn more about these vital healthcare professionals. On Monday, October 20, 2014, the Department of Respiratory Care will be in The Park from 10am – 2pm. All employees and visitors are invited to stop by and learn more about the role RTs play here at MD Anderson Cancer Center. RTs will be available to answer questions about lung health and provide educational material covering a range of topics, including smoking cessation programs that are available in our institution.
Date: 10/19/14 to 10/25/14
Time: 10/19/14, 12am to 10/25/14, 12am
Location: Main Hospital Building, Purple Basement, PB.3144
Format: All Employee Meeting
Contact: Vandita Joshi - (713) 745-2056 - email@example.com
- Russian Blue Diamond
- Entertainment: Moores School of Music Brass Band
- Entertainment: Moores School of Music Strings
- DoCM Grand Rounds - State of the Division Address and Faculty Recognition & Awards Program
- I*CARE Interpersonal Communication and Relationship Enhancement (ACE) Lecture Series
- myCancerConnection PIKNIC- Reducing Your Cancer Risks: Survivor, Caregiver, Prevention Patient
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- Entertainment: Harpist Hope Cowan
- Entertainment: Ecclesia Choir
- Entertainment: MD Anderson Employee Choir