MD Anderson Events
Riders for the Cure - Sam's Jam VI
Our sixth annual ride benefiting The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center will be happing on October 12th, 2013. The event is named Sam’s Jam after one of the founding members of Riders for the Cure, the Employee Motorcycle group of MD Anderson Cancer Center. Phase I/II study of reirradiation of recurrent or progressive brainstem glioma: This study investigates the use of re-irradiation in the highly aggressive form of cancer known as brainstem glioma. This Phase I/II study will be conducted to evaluate the safety of re-irradiation with higher doses. The main goal of treatment will be to improve symptoms and quality of life. This protocol may identify the optimal dose of re-irradiation and define the efficacy, particularly regarding quality of life, therefore offering a treatment option for patients with an incurable disease. Principal Investigator: Anita Mahajan, M.D.
Please Join us for the Sam's Jam VI by registering below or if you are unable to attend please consider making a donation.
Sam’s Jam: Celebrates the life and work of co-founding member Dr. Samuel Hassenbusch, M.D., Ph.D. “Dr. Sam”, as he was known, was a world-renowned neurosurgeon and researcher who lost his battle with glioblastoma multiforme in 2008. Sam’s Jam honors his spirit, his vitality and most of all, his commitment to patient care and research. Generally held on the second Saturday in October, the day features a police-escorted ride to a local venue featuring live music, unique vendors, and entertainment.
Registration at Stubbs Harley-Davidson, 4400 Telephone Road, Houston, TX
9:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Kick Stands up at 10:30 a.m.
Police Escorted ride to West of the Brazos Bar & Grill in Damon, TX
There will be Lunch and live entertainment.
The pre-registration cost is $30 per rider, which includes lunch and a lapel pin. Price will increase to $35 per rider the day of the ride.
Date: 10/12/13, 9am to 2:30pm
Time: 10/12/13, 9am to 2:30pm
Location: 4400 Telephone Road Houston, TX 77087
Directions: Registration at Stubbs Harley-Davidson, 4400 Telephone Road, Houston, TX 9:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Kick Stands up at 10:30 a.m.
Format: Community Event
Contact: Patrick Browning - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Light the Night Walk
- Mental Health Awareness Week Welcome Table
- PIKNIC Survivorship Series Part 1 Coping with Cancer and Its Treatment: 20 Tips for Improving Your Body Image
- Mental Health Awareness Week Resource Fair
- Art and Body Image Art Exhibit
- Stress Management, presentation by Anne-Marie Bellows, LMSW
- Love Your Body Day Body Image Health Fair & Patient Fashion Show
- Join us in a celebration to raise breast cancer awareness.
- Seventh Annual Halloween Bake Sale to Benefit Adopt a Family hosted by Cytogenetics Laboratory
- 2015 Komen Houston Race for the Cure
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Strategic Industry Ventures
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies