MD Anderson Events
SEMINAR "Protein Phosphatase 2A – A Novel Therapeutic Target for Neurodegenerative Disease"
Dr. Jeffry Stock
Professor, Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University
"Protein Phosphatase 2A – A Novel Therapeutic Target for Neurodegenerative Disease"
Date: 11/6/13, 10:30am to 11:30am
Time: 11/6/13, 10:30am to 11:30am
Speaker Bio: Prof. Dr. Jeffry Stock, Ph.D. co-founded Signum Biosciences, Inc. in 2002 and Cadus Pharmaceuticals (KDUS). Prof. Dr. Stock directs Signum's scientific effort. He is a Professor in the departments of Molecular Biology and Chemistry at Princeton University. He is one of the world's leading experts in signal transduction and global cellular regulation with over 150 original scientific articles in the area. He discovered both the system that regulates PP2A to control the ... cellular phosphoregulatory networks in higher organisms and the CAAX-tail modification system that globally regulates Ras and other G-Proteins involved in signal transduction. He is the force behind Signum's science, which is why its laboratory is located near his Princeton research laboratory. He serves as Chairman and Director of Signum Biosciences, Inc. He is best known for his seminal work on the biochemistry of signal transduction in micro-organisms. He serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Biochemistry and BMC Microbiology, and he serves on the Centers Review Committee for the National Institute of Drug Abuse. He is an elected fellow of the American Society of Microbiology and a winner of the Humbolt Prize
Contact: Shannon Hurst - (713) 792-8543 - email@example.com
SEMINAR FLIER - Jeff Stock.pdf (PDF, 130 KB)
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Gregory N. Fuller, M.D., Ph.D.
- Host-Microbiota interaction at muscosal surface
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Jason Huse, M.D., Ph.D.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Research Misconduct and Policies for Handling Misconduct:
- Cancer Metabolism Working Group Seminars presents Dr. Joya Chandra and Dr. Prasenjit Dey
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Baoli Hu, Ph.D.
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "Cross-species genetic mapping of targets in mitochondria, metabolism and aging"
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Dihua Yu, M.D., Ph.D.