MD Anderson Events
Snips & Pics: From Genome Targeting to Imaging
Two-day short course hosted by the GSBS Genes & Development Graduate Program to immerse trainees, faculty and research staff on new concepts, research findings and technologies in the areas of genome targeting and imaging. Lectures are free and open to all MD Anderson employees and the Texas Medical Center Community. All lectures will be held in Onstead Auditorium, 3rd floor of the Mitchell Basic Sciences Research Building. Pre-registration is requested via www.mdanderson.org/gdshortcourse. Please see schedule attached at bottom.
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
8:30 - 9:00 am Badge Pick-up and Continental Breakfast
9:00 am Opening Remarks
9:10 – 10:10 Richard Schwarz, PhD, Rice University (Dr. Richards-Kortum's lab)
“Multi-Modal Imaging to Identify Pre-Neoplastic Lesions at the Point-of-Care”
10:10 – 11:10 David Piwnica-Worms, MD, PhD, MD Anderson Cancer Center
“Genetically-Encoded Reporters for Imaging Signal Transduction In Vivo”
11:30 – 12:30 Peter Friedl, MD, PhD, Radboud Univ. Nijmegen, The Netherlands & MD Anderson Cancer Center
“Cancer Invasion, Metastasis and Therapy Response – Lessons from Intravital Microscopy”
12:30 – 1:30 Lunch for Registered Attendees
1:30 – 5:30 Hands-on Workshops for G&D Graduate Students
Thursday, January 30, 2014
9:00 – 9:30 am Continental Breakfast
9:30 - 10:30 am Paul Liu, MD, PhD, National Institutes of Health
“High-Throughput Reverse Genetic Tools in Zebrafish”
10:30 – 11:30 Bing Yang, PhD, Iowa State University
“TALEN-Based Gene Editing in Plants”
11:30 – 1:00 Lunch for Registered Attendees
1:00 – 2:00 Koen Venken, PhD, Baylor College of Medicine
“Gene and Genome Engineering in Drosophila Using P[acman] and MiMIC”.1:00 –
2:00 – 3:00 J. Keith Joung, MD, PhD, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School
“Targeted Genome Editing Using TALENs and CRISPR RNA-Guided Nucleases”
3:00 – 4:00 Reception
4:00 pm Program Ends
Date: 1/29/14 to 1/30/14
Time: 1/29/14, 8:30am to 1/30/14, 4pm
Location: Onstead Auditorium, Basic Science Research Building, Floor 3, near Elevator J, (S3.8012)
Facilitator: Dr. Andrew Gladden and Dr. Gregory May
Sponsor: Dr. Sadhan Majumder
Contact: Elisabeth Lindheim - (713) 834-6352 - email@example.com
G&D short course schedule.pdf (PDF, 279 KB)
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Gregory N. Fuller, M.D., Ph.D.
- Host-Microbiota interaction at muscosal surface
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Jason Huse, M.D., Ph.D.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Research Misconduct and Policies for Handling Misconduct:
- Cancer Metabolism Working Group Seminars presents Dr. Joya Chandra and Dr. Prasenjit Dey
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Baoli Hu, Ph.D.
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "Cross-species genetic mapping of targets in mitochondria, metabolism and aging"
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Dihua Yu, M.D., Ph.D.