MD Anderson Events
Stem Cells and Cancer Seminar Series
Stem Cells and Cancer Seminar Series presents Harvey F. Lodish, Ph.D.; topic: "From Hematopoietic Stem Cell to Enucleation: Regulation of Red Cell Production at Multiple Levels."
Date: 10/18/12, 12:30pm to 1:30pm
Time: 10/18/12, 12:30pm to 1:30pm
Location: South Campus; 7435 Fannin Street, SCR1 Rooms 4,5,6
Directions: From Main Campus, take Fannin south, turn left on OST, make right turn to proceed behind the building, left turn to parking - surface lot. Shuttle service is also available.
Facilitator: Sendurai Mani
Speaker: Harvey F. Lodish
Speaker Bio: Dr. Lodish received his A.B. degree Summa Cum Laude and with Highest Honors in Chemistry and Mathematics, from Kenyon College in 1962, and his Ph.D. degree in genetics with Dr. Norton Zinder from the Rockefeller University in 1966. Following two years of postdoctoral research at the M.R.C. Laboratory of Molecular Biology with Drs. Sydney Brenner and Francis Crick, he joined the faculty of the MIT Department of Biology. He was promoted to Professor in 1976, and in 1983 was appointed Founding Member of the new Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research. In 1999 he also became Professor of Bioengineering in the new MIT Department of Bioengineering. Dr. Lodish is a Member of the National Academy of Sciences, and served as Chair of the National Academy Section on Cellular and Developmental Biology. He is also a recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship, an honorary D.Sc. from Kenyon, the Stadie Award from the American Diabetes Association, and the 2010 Mentoring Award from the American Society of Hematology. Dr. Lodish has served on advisory panels for the U.S. National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation and the American Cancer Society. Dr. Lodish is the lead author of the textbook Molecular Cell Biology; the seventh edition was published in April 2012.
Contact: Mark Milam - (713) 834-6031 - email@example.com
- Pancreas Cancer Seminar Series
- Symposium on Molecular Imaging with Mass Spectrometry Techniques
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents John de Groot, M.D.
- Experimental therapeutics using preclinical mouse models of early or late stage metastatic disease
- Value-Based Head and Neck Cancer Care
- Fourth International Conference on Cancer and the Heart
- Current Concepts in Head and Neck Surgery
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Mohammad Belayat Hossain, Ph.D.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Communication and Difficult Conversations
- myCancerConnection Cancer Survivorship Conference