MD Anderson Events
Stem Cells and Cancer Seminar Series
The Stem Cells and Cancer Seminar Series brings nationally and internationally known speakers to present their research in area of stem cells and EMT research.
Date: 6/20/13, 12:30pm to 1:30pm
Time: 6/20/13, 12:30pm to 1:30pm
Location: South Campus; 7435 Fannin Street, SCR1 Rooms 4,5,6
Directions: From Main Campus - proceed south on Fannin. The SCRB building is located on the east side of Fannin just south of OST. The MDACC shuttle service is available and drops off in front of the building (remember MDACC ID badge is required to utilize the shuttle.)
Facilitator: Sendurai Mani, Ph.D.
Speaker: Neal Copeland, Ph.D.
Speaker Bio: Neal Copeland received his Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the University of Utah. Following postdoctoral studies at Harvard Medical School, he joined the staff of The Jackson Laboratory and then the National Cancer Institute-Frederick, where he was Director of the Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, the forerunner of the Mouse Cancer Genetics Program that he also directed. He moved to the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Singapore in 2006, where he served as the Executive Director. In 2011, he returned to the U.S. to serve as Director of The Methodist Cancer Biology Program at The Methodist Hospital Research Institute. The focus of his current research is cancer genetics. He has co-authored more than 780 papers and is among the 50 most cited biomedical research scientists in the world today. He has served on numerous scientific advisory and editorial boards and has consulted for several biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. He is also a member of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences.
Contact: Mark Milam - (713) 834-6031 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Seminar Introduction-Dr Copeland-Mani.pdf (PDF, 214 KB)
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar "Regulation of Enhancer Overactivation by a Protein Complex Containing RACK7/ZMYND8 and KDM5C"
- Annual Postdoctoral Science Symposium
- Dr. Mina Bissell: Why don’t we get more cancer: The critical role of Extracellular Matrix and Microenvironment in metastasis and dormancy
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series "Mitochondria and Metal-Induced Oxidative Stress at the Center of Alzheimer Disease"
- Updates in Palliative Care and Physician Board Review Course
- New Immune Checkpoints, New Cancer Immunotherapies
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Data Acquisition, Management, Sharing and Ownership
- 20th Annual Interdisciplinary Conference on Supportive Care, Hospice and Palliative Medicine