MD Anderson Events
Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure - Houston
Join our MD Anderson team at the annual Komen Race for the Cure event in Houston to help promote breast cancer awareness, research and treatment. MD Anderson is a corporate sponsor of this event. Our team is open to employees, patients, caregivers, volunteers and family members.
The first 200 people to join our team will receive a free MD Anderson t-shirt. You will be sent instructions to pick up your t-shirt from the MD Anderson Fitness Center a few days before the event. T-shirts are adult sizes and will be first come, first served. Race day opening ceremonies begin at 7:45 a.m., the run/walk begins at 8 a.m.
Register online to join MD Anderson's team:
- Click here to go to MD Anderson's registration page.
- Click "Join Team" above the list of team members.
- Choose participation type.
- Enter 0 for fundraising goal and skip the fundraising requirement section. (MD Anderson employees are not required to raise money.)
- Click "next steps" until registration is complete.
Register online by September 26 and Komen will mail your race packet at no cost. You can visit Komen's website for more information.
Date: 10/4/14, 8am to 12pm
Time: 10/4/14, 8am to 12pm
Location: Allen Parkway, Houston
Directions: Race will be on the inbound and outbound lanes of Allen Parkway. The survivor celebration and sponsor expo area will take place in Downtown Houston.
Format: Community Event
Contact: Marisa Mir - (713) 792-3363 - email@example.com
KomenRacefortheCure_2014_flyer.pdf (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Skin complications of cancer therapy
- Inpatient Furniture Evaluations
- Deciphering Insurance and medical billing : A patient guide
- 11th Annual SCOPE (Sprint for Colorectal Oncology Prevention and Education) 5K/Kids Fun Run
- Run for Wellness
- Patient and Family Day - Museum of Fine Arts - MFAH Mondays
- Relay for Life - Greater Fort Bend
- Relay for Life - Greater Bay Area
- Cancer 180 Event - Young Adult Surivors and Caregivers Event - Ages 18-30
- Relay for Life - Katy