MD Anderson Events
Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure - Houston
Join our MD Anderson team at the annual Komen Race for the Cure event in Houston to help promote breast cancer awareness, research and treatment. MD Anderson is a corporate sponsor of this event. Our team is open to employees, patients, caregivers, volunteers and family members.
The first 200 people to join our team will receive a free MD Anderson t-shirt. You will be sent instructions to pick up your t-shirt from the MD Anderson Fitness Center a few days before the event. T-shirts are adult sizes and will be first come, first served. Race day opening ceremonies begin at 7:45 a.m., the run/walk begins at 8 a.m.
Register online to join MD Anderson's team:
- Click here to go to MD Anderson's registration page.
- Click "Join Team" above the list of team members.
- Choose participation type.
- Enter 0 for fundraising goal and skip the fundraising requirement section. (MD Anderson employees are not required to raise money.)
- Click "next steps" until registration is complete.
Register online by September 26 and Komen will mail your race packet at no cost. You can visit Komen's website for more information.
Date: 10/4/14, 8am to 12pm
Time: 10/4/14, 8am to 12pm
Location: Allen Parkway, Houston
Directions: Race will be on the inbound and outbound lanes of Allen Parkway. The survivor celebration and sponsor expo area will take place in Downtown Houston.
Format: Community Event
Contact: Marisa Mir - (713) 792-3363 - firstname.lastname@example.org
KomenRacefortheCure_2014_flyer.pdf (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Strategic Industry Ventures
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies