MD Anderson Events
Symposium on the FUTURE OF CANCER SCIENCE
An all day symposium beginning at 9am and with Keynote Lecture delivered by Dr. Ronald DePinho on "Modeling Cancer, Translating Discovery" followed by a series of national Postdoctoral Fellows who are representative of the Future of Cancer Science. This symposium is useful to Cancer Science Researchers.
Brooke Emerling, Weill Cornell Medical College on "CDCP1 and P15P4K: The Achilles' Heel of Cancers" 9:40am-10:20am
Jessie Guo, Rutgers Cancer Institute of NJ on "Role of Autophagy in Lung Cancer Metabolism" 10:40am-11:20am
Dung-Fang Lee, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai on "Modeling Familial Cancer with Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells" 11:20am-12:00pm
Costas Lyssiotis, Weill Cornell Medical College on "Defining Metabolic Vulnerabilities in Pancreatic Cancer" 12:00pm-12:40pm
Kunal Rai, MD Anderson Cancer Center on "Funtional Epigenomics of Melanoma Progression" 2:10pm-2:50pm
Neville Sanjana, Massachusetts Institute of Technology on "Genome-scale CRISR-Cas9 Screening: Technology Development and Applications" 2:50pm-3:30pm
Tsukasa Shibue, Massachusetts Institute of Technology on "Deciphering the Mechanisms that Govern the Proliferation of Disseminated Tumor Cells" 3:50pm-4:30pm
Date: 6/4/14, all day
Time: 6/4/14, all day
Location: Hickey Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 11 (R11.1400)
Facilitator: Raghu Kalluri, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman of Cancer Biology, Director of Metasis Research Center
Sponsor: Helen Piwinca-Worms, Vice Provost of Science
Contact: Tom Chumbley - (713) 563-9637 - email@example.com
Symposium Detailed Schedule_3.pdf (PDF, 5.1 MB)
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Marta Penas-Prado, M.D.
- How to Achieve Excellence in Science
- Repair of Radiation-Induced Double-Strand Breaks in the Genome via Alternative End-Joining: A Potential Therapeutic Target for Enhancing Tumor Radiosensitivity
- Pancreas Cancer Seminar Series
- Symposium on Molecular Imaging with Mass Spectrometry Techniques
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents John de Groot, M.D.
- Value-Based Head and Neck Cancer Care
- Fourth International Conference on Cancer and the Heart
- Current Concepts in Head and Neck Surgery
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Mohammad Belayat Hossain, Ph.D.