MD Anderson Events
Targeting stress response pathways to halt cancer
Erica Sloan, PhD, from University of California Los Angeles presenting "Targeting stress response pathways to halt cancer"
Date: 5/27/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 5/27/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, FCT3.5001
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Erica Sloan, PhD
Speaker Bio: Erica Sloan, Ph.D., is an Research Scientist at the UCLA Cousins Center for Psychoneuroimmunology. Erica completed a Bachelor of Science (Hons) at the Australian National University, where she was awarded the University Medal in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Her PhD, at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Center in Melbourne, Australia, focused on mechanisms of breast cancer metastasis and helped to identify genes involved in the spread of cancer. Erica commence postdoctoral research into the neural regulation of HIV at the UCLA Cousins Center in 2004.
Sponsor: Department of Symptom Research
Contact: Adam Walker, PhD - (713) 794-4854 - email@example.com
Sloan,Erica_announcement.pdf (PDF, 597 KB)
- Russian Blue Diamond Jewelry Show
- $6.00 Jewelry Sale
- Bootcamp of the MInd, Body & Spirit: Stress Management 101 - Tips for Tough Times
- 2016 Outstanding Research Publication Awards Presentation
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- ERO Special Seminar - Chao Lu, Faculty candidate
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk - Sara Courtneidge, Ph.D.
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology - Sara Courtneidge, Ph.D.
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer Distinguished Lecture Series
- Advances in Oncology: Institutional Grand Rounds