MD Anderson Events
Targeting stress response pathways to halt cancer
Erica Sloan, PhD, from University of California Los Angeles presenting "Targeting stress response pathways to halt cancer"
Date: 5/27/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 5/27/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, FCT3.5001
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Erica Sloan, PhD
Speaker Bio: Erica Sloan, Ph.D., is an Research Scientist at the UCLA Cousins Center for Psychoneuroimmunology. Erica completed a Bachelor of Science (Hons) at the Australian National University, where she was awarded the University Medal in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Her PhD, at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Center in Melbourne, Australia, focused on mechanisms of breast cancer metastasis and helped to identify genes involved in the spread of cancer. Erica commence postdoctoral research into the neural regulation of HIV at the UCLA Cousins Center in 2004.
Sponsor: Department of Symptom Research
Contact: Adam Walker, PhD - (713) 794-4854 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sloan,Erica_announcement.pdf (PDF, 597 KB)
- Organization for Women: Developing a Vision Board with Karen Mooney “Part 2: Awaken Your Possibilities: How to Invest in the Alignment of Your Life”
- WEBINAR: Embase - Reviewing the Literature Beyond Medline
- CSI Lecture: Regulation, Role and Therapeutic Targeting of AMPK in Prostate Cancer by Daniel E. Frigo, Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Traver Hart
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer (CIC) Distinguished Lecture Series
- Dr. Huda Y. Zoghbi - Rett Syndrome and MeCP2 disorders and the insight they provide into neuropsychiatric disorders
- Dr Cullen Taniguchi - Protecting the Gut to improve outcomes in pancreatic cancer
- Lavish Linens
- 5th Annual Metabolism in Cancer Symposium Featured Speaker - Matthew Vander Heiden, M.D., Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Meng Wang