MD Anderson Events
The Pancreas Cancer Seminar Series
Date: 2/28/14, 9am to 10am
Time: 2/28/14, 9am to 10am
Location: Pickens Tower FCT3.5001
Facilitator: Anirban Maitra, MBBS
Speaker: Eugene Jon Koay
Speaker Bio: Dr. Eugene J. Koay obtained his M.D. and Ph.D. degrees through a joint program between Baylor College of Medicine and the Rice University Department of Bioengineering. He joined M.D. Anderson Cancer Center as a resident in Radiation Oncology in 2009 and will continue as faculty in July, 2014. Dr. Koay will run a clinical service specializing in Gastrointestinal malignancies and conduct translational research to understand how treatment outcomes are affected by the physical properties of aggressive tumors, such as pancreatic cancer. Through this research, he hopes to develop new therapeutic strategies that will improve patient outcomes.
Sponsor: Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology / Sheikh Ahmed Center for Pancreatic Research
Contact: Matonia Figgers - (713) 792-5032 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Gregory N. Fuller, M.D., Ph.D.
- Host-Microbiota interaction at muscosal surface
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Jason Huse, M.D., Ph.D.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Research Misconduct and Policies for Handling Misconduct:
- Cancer Metabolism Working Group Seminars presents Dr. Joya Chandra and Dr. Prasenjit Dey
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Baoli Hu, Ph.D.
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "Cross-species genetic mapping of targets in mitochondria, metabolism and aging"
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Dihua Yu, M.D., Ph.D.