MD Anderson Events
The University of Texas Systems Engineering in Healthcare Conference
Welcome to Houston and our second University of Texas Conference on Systems Engineering in Healthcare. Our theme is “Transformational Change” and over the course of the two days, you will hear how our colleagues across the UT System and nation are identifying opportunities to meet and address the current challenges in healthcare in innovative ways. Our conference features three tracks: Systems Engineering tools, Systems Engineering applications from across the UT System and nationwide, and overviews of strategic planning to achieve transformational change in healthcare. There will also be reports from the ten grants funded by the Board of Regents for applying Systems Engineering and the Science of Quality Improvement to healthcare.
The UT Systems Enigneering in Healthcare Conference is made possible by support of The University of Texas Board of Regents, Raymond S. Greenber, MD; Executive Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs and Victoria Jordan, PhD; UT Chancellor's Health Fellow for Systems Engineering.
Date: 11/7/13 to 11/8/13
Time: 11/7/13, 8am to 11/8/13, 12pm
Location: Hickey Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 11 (R11.1400)
Facilitator: Victoria Jordan
Contact: Chelle Smith Parsons - (713) 792-5005 - firstname.lastname@example.org
UT Engineering Rev 090413.pdf (PDF, 55 KB)
2013 Conference at a Glance.pdf (PDF, 78 KB)
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Department of Radiation Oncology Special Seminar
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Pancreas Cancer Seminar Series
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar "Regulation of Enhancer Overactivation by a Protein Complex Containing RACK7/ZMYND8 and KDM5C"
- Annual Postdoctoral Science Symposium
- Department of Translational Molecular Pathology Distinguished Speaker Seminar Series
- Dr. Mina Bissell: Why don’t we get more cancer: The critical role of Extracellular Matrix and Microenvironment in metastasis and dormancy
- Updates in Palliative Care and Physician Board Review Course
- New Immune Checkpoints, New Cancer Immunotherapies