MD Anderson Events
Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Mark Gilbert, M.D.
TRAINING IN BRAIN TUMOR RESEARCH SEMINARS
The Brain Tumor Program offers excellent training in brain tumor research by opening its doors to national and international scientist at various levels of their education. Our laboratories enjoy the intellectual inputs of Graduate Students, Postdoctoral Fellows, and Summer Students (High school and Pre-Graduate Students).
As part of this training, and besides the opportunities that MDACC is offering to research trainees, the Brain Tumor Program specifically established an educational course named Training in Brain Tumor Research. This is a two-year course offered in a weekly basis to all trainees in the Brain Tumor Program and encompasses two components:
1. Top lectures in brain tumors from experts in fundamentals and hot topics areas in brain tumors, such as clinical aspects, neurodevelopment, and neuropsychology. These lectures are informative and encouraging our trainees to keep moving towards our common goal.
2. Presentations from the trainees’ current project or published data. These seminars are conductive to the development of outstanding communication skills and establishment of networking. Trainees receive pre-presentation and some constructive criticisms during their seminars. This platform has been used, per instance, to present the Caroline Ross endorsed awards and to rehearse Ph.D. thesis defenses.
The Training in Brain Tumor Program has an average audience of more than 50 people from different areas of research, such as Neuro-Oncology, Neurosurgery, Pathology, Radiation Oncology, Pediatrics, Melanoma, and Neuropsychology.
Candelaria Gomez-Manzano, MD, Associate Professor, Neuro-Oncology
Suyun Huang, MD, PhD, Professor, Neurosurgery
Maria L. Cruz-Hernandez, BA, Neuro-Oncology
Wendy Williams, BS, Neurosurgery
Date: 5/12/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 5/12/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: BSRB - Conference Room (S5.8004 A/B)
Directions: 6767 Bertner St., Rm S5.8004 A/B Houston, TX 77030
Facilitator: Candelaria Gomez-Manzano, M.D.
Speaker: Mark Gilbert, M.D.
Speaker Bio: The Use and Role of Multicenter Clinical Trials in Brain Tumor Research: Clinical and Translational Opportunities
Sponsor: Brain Tumor Program
Contact: Maria L. Cruz-Hernandez, B.A. - email@example.com
FLYER - Mark Gilbert, M.D.(5-12-14).pdf (PDF, 416 KB)
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Hoon Kim, Ph.D.
- Cancer Systems Imaging presents "New Directions in Targeting theTumor Microenvironment" Anil Sood, M.D., Betty Asche Murray Distinguished Professor, Dept. Gynecologic Oncology & Reproductive Medicine, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- John H. Blaffer Lecture Series
- Dept. of Epidemiology Seminar Series-Yuanqing Ye, Ph.D. (FACULTY CANDIDATE PRESENTATION)
- Introduction to New eResearch IBC Software
- Integrative Medicine Program Lecture Series
- Lecture in Cancer Biology
- John H. Blaffer Lecture Series
- Center for Cancer Epigenetics Distinguished Lecture
- 2015 Education Week Keynote Speaker
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Strategic Industry Ventures
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies