MD Anderson Events
Waun Ki Hong's Festschrift
In academia, a Festschrift is defined as a book honoring a highly respected person and presented during his or her lifetime. A Festschrift has original contributions by the honored academic’s colleagues, often including former trainees. This fitting tribute to Dr. Hong will applaud his groundbreaking contributions to cancer research and patient care in numerous areas, including organ preservation, chemoprevention, personalized targeted therapy, and training the next generation of medical oncologists. The Festschrift will include presentations by Dr. Hong’s honored academic colleagues, mentors, and trainees.
Date: 8/15/14, 7:30am to 4pm
Time: 8/15/14, 7:30am to 4pm
Location: Cancer Prevention Building, Floor 8, Rooms 1-8
Contact: Sue Davis - (713) 563-1866 - email@example.com
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar "Regulation of Enhancer Overactivation by a Protein Complex Containing RACK7/ZMYND8 and KDM5C"
- Annual Postdoctoral Science Symposium
- Dr. Mina Bissell: Why don’t we get more cancer: The critical role of Extracellular Matrix and Microenvironment in metastasis and dormancy
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series "Mitochondria and Metal-Induced Oxidative Stress at the Center of Alzheimer Disease"
- Updates in Palliative Care and Physician Board Review Course
- New Immune Checkpoints, New Cancer Immunotherapies
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Data Acquisition, Management, Sharing and Ownership
- 20th Annual Interdisciplinary Conference on Supportive Care, Hospice and Palliative Medicine