MD Anderson Events
Write Winning Grant Proposals
The Department of Scientific Publications is bringing back to MD Anderson the widely acclaimed “Write Winning Grant Proposals” and “How to Write a Successful Career Development Award Proposal” series of seminars, presented by Stephen W. Russell, PhD, of Grant Writers’ Seminars and Workshops, LLC. The two seminars address both practical and conceptual aspects of the proposal-writing process.
Here is the link to the CME/Conference Management registration page:
Date: 4/18/13, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Time: 4/18/13, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Location: Hickey Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 11 (R11.1400)
Speaker: Stephen W. Russell, PhD
Speaker Bio: Stephen W. Russell, PhD, cofounder of Grant Writers’ Seminars and Workshops, LLC, was funded continuously from the early 1970s by the NIH, USDA, American Cancer Society, foundations, and industry. Grants awarded included individual-investigator–initiated research awards, program project grants, and training grants. In 1999, he elected to enter emeritus status and concentrate on Grant Writers’ Seminars and Workshops full time. He has served on multiple national review panels and advisory groups and has received awards for teaching excellence. Dr. Russell earned his PhD in comparative pathology at the University of California–Davis and was a postdoctoral research fellow at the Scripps Research Institute. At the University of Kansas Medical Center, he was the Wilkinson Distinguished Professor of Cancer Research; Director of the Cancer Center; and Professor in the departments of Pathology and of Immunology and Medical Microbiology.
Contact: John McCool - (713) 792-3174 - email@example.com
2013 Grant Writers flyer.pdf (PDF, 591 KB)
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar "Regulation of Enhancer Overactivation by a Protein Complex Containing RACK7/ZMYND8 and KDM5C"
- Annual Postdoctoral Science Symposium
- Dr. Mina Bissell: Why don’t we get more cancer: The critical role of Extracellular Matrix and Microenvironment in metastasis and dormancy
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series "Mitochondria and Metal-Induced Oxidative Stress at the Center of Alzheimer Disease"
- Updates in Palliative Care and Physician Board Review Course
- New Immune Checkpoints, New Cancer Immunotherapies
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Data Acquisition, Management, Sharing and Ownership
- 20th Annual Interdisciplinary Conference on Supportive Care, Hospice and Palliative Medicine